Author Topic: Live Action Pleads With Trump Administration To Defund Planned Parenthood Before Dems Take Over Hous  (Read 7589 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Right. But the truth of your statements doesn't change the truth.  I don't care about your laws or your "legal" definitions.

Abortion is murder.

Exactly. Should voting rights legally be nullified using the constitutional process of replacing the amendments with new amendments, would that make it right to take our voting rights away?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
would that make it right to take our voting rights away?

No, but it might make it legal.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

No, but it might make it legal.

And people who go along with immorality because it is legal deserve what they will inevitably get.

Oceander

Explain the difference between killing and murder with respect to the Bible.

Self-defense is killing, but it isn’t murder, and as far as I know, self-defense is allowed by the Bible.

But that’s also irrelevant, because the US is not a theocracy and the Bible has no legal force. 

Oceander

And people who go along with immorality because it is legal deserve what they will inevitably get.

Isn’t that a matter that is strictly between God and the person involved?

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

If God is real I think he knows that I'm not too shabby of a human. I do what I can in this world to fight evil, but I choose to put my efforts into things that are not so futile.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

There's what is and there's what is right.  Standing behind what is, just because currently it is, is cop out.  Gov't money to a Planned Parenthood type organization was never intended to be a function of Fed Gov, and in that sense is unconstitutional, regardless that it is happening today.

From a constitutional perspective that is complete nonsense.  There is no such limitation, express or implied on the spending power.  The Founders wanted, and gave, maximum breadth to the spending power. 

Oceander

Full blown human? Define that and then identify who gets to determine who is and who isn’t full blown human.

A two-week old zygote is no more a full-blown human being than my left big toe is. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

No. It isn't. Because of your definition of legal. You are forcing others to go along for a ride.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

Morality isn't going to be won b a court case.  There is also the path of changing the hearts and minds of people. 

I agree, but that time would be better spent convincing people not to have abortions and making sure that there will always be sufficient resources available that nobody ever feels compelled by poverty or need to consider an abortion; trying to persuade people to make it illegal, so you can throw a bunch of additional people in jail for it is a very poor substitute. 

Oceander

No. It isn't. Because of your definition of legal. You are forcing others to go along for a ride.

Nope.  Nobody else has to go along for the ride.  If you stopped being busybodies and sticking your noses into other people’s private misery you’d never even know about it.

Offline RoosGirl

Self-defense is killing, but it isn’t murder, and as far as I know, self-defense is allowed by the Bible.

But that’s also irrelevant, because the US is not a theocracy and the Bible has no legal force.

Is that right?  I guess our laws of allowing self defense killing but not murder were plucked from thin air then.

Offline RoosGirl

Strictly?  I doubt it.

Oceander

Is that right?  I guess our laws of allowing self defense killing but not murder were plucked from thin air then.

Is what part right?  Are you telling me that self-defense is not permitted in the Bible?  That’s gonna be a real bummer for the gun-toters. 

Oceander

Strictly?  I doubt it.

What business is it of yours if God is going to punish me or not for something?  Answer:  none at all. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A two-week old zygote is no more a full-blown human being than my left big toe is.

uh huh

What are things called born without a left big toe? Flippers? Or human beings?

At the point of impact, that zygote is a full-blown human being.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

uh huh

What are things called born without a left big toe? Flippers? Or human beings?

At the point of impact, that zygote is a full-blown human being.

No, it’s not.  It can’t breathe, it can’t walk, it can’t talk, it can’t see, it can’t think, and it certainly can’t do anything without that umbilical cord attached to the uterus. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Nope.  Nobody else has to go along for the ride.  If you stopped being busybodies and sticking your noses into other people’s private misery you’d never even know about it.

PP is being funded by public funds. How is that sticking my nose into other people's misery?

Offline RoosGirl

Get the eff out of here with that nonsense. The gov't isn't going to stop allocating my taxes for it and therefore it *is* my business.

Oceander

PP is being funded by public funds. How is that sticking my nose into other people's misery?

I wasn’t referring to PP, and you weren’t responding to a post of mine that said anything about PP.   you responded to a post of mine about divine punishment being a private matter between God and the person to be punished. 

Oceander

Get the eff out of here with that nonsense. The gov't isn't going to stop allocating my taxes for it and therefore it *is* my business.

Nope.  What the government spends money on is certainly your business, and I have no problem with that; in fact, I wish more people paid attention to what the government spends money on. 

But that does not make my relationship to God any of your damned business. 

Offline RoosGirl

Is what part right?  Are you telling me that self-defense is not permitted in the Bible?  That’s gonna be a real bummer for the gun-toters.

There you go again, reading something that isn't there.  I said nothing of the sort.  I agree with your differentiation between self-defense killing versus murder.

Oceander

There you go again, reading something that isn't there.  I said nothing of the sort.  I agree with your differentiation between self-defense killing versus murder.

Then you should clarify exactly what you were referring to with your snide comment “Is that right?”

Offline RoosGirl

What business is it of yours if God is going to punish me or not for something?  Answer:  none at all.

I should not care about the eternity that my fellow man will spend?

Offline goodwithagun

Mmmkay. Bye bye, left big toe!
I stand with Roosgirl.