Author Topic: Globalism is dead  (Read 500 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Globalism is dead
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:39:19 pm »
Globalism can officially be declared dead after the Energy Information Administration reported that U.S. crude oil and natural gas reserves both just hit all-time-record highs.

Globalism is a corporate outsource construct that was designed in the 1970s to respond to the end of the United States’ 100 years of economic dominance that was driven by domestic energy costs that averaged about one-third of world costs.

With international manufacturing input costs in the late 19th century averaging 8.5% for labor and 13.5% for energy, American companies used their energy price advantage to competitively “hollow out” the British manufacturing sector. During WW I and WW II, over 50 percent of U.S. exports to Europe and Asia was oil.

But when U.S. manufacturing declined with the rapid rise in Middle East oil production, Secretary of State Henry Kissinger negotiated a banking and security agreement with Saudi Arabia in 1974 to recycle oil revenues into U.S. dollars. Kissinger famously justified the deal by stating:

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/globalism_is_dead.html
Am reminded of the idiot Barak saying ""You know, we can't just drill our way to lower gas prices"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Re: Globalism is dead
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:15:43 am »
 :beer: drink to that. Right on.
I won't accept.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 09:57:47 am »
And the Chinese have probably peaked with their new communist leader tightening his grip over the country. Innovation is born out of freedom, not slavery. Top down management of everyone's lives is a guaranteed dead end.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 10:04:03 am »
And the Chinese have probably peaked with their new communist leader tightening his grip over the country. Innovation is born out of freedom, not slavery. Top down management of everyone's lives is a guaranteed dead end.

Micromanagement can hurt a business when there's too much attention to detail. I guess that's what you're getting at.
I won't accept.