Author Topic: Republicans in Congress Cut a Deal to Double H-2B Guest Workers  (Read 374 times)

rangerrebew

Republicans in Congress Cut a Deal to Double H-2B Guest Workers

Fri, Nov 30th 2018 @ 2:11 pm EST

This week, Breitbart reported that Congressional staffers had struck a deal with a business lobbyist group to double the number of H-2B guest worker visas allocated annually, from the current 66,000 to 132,000. This increase would be made permanent if the agreement makes it into law.

The H-2B visa is for temporary low-skilled, non-agricultural workers, many of who work in hospitality services, food processing, and landscaping.

In an unusual maneuver, staffers from the offices of Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Sen. Mike Rounds (R-SC), Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC), and Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) entered into an agreement that would double the number of H-2Bs available every year in exchange for employers using E-Verify to check new hires. In addition, employers would also verify current employees, and if any are found to be unauthorized to work the employer could replace them with H-2Bs workers who would be exempt from the 132,000 annual cap.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/republicans-congress-cut-deal-double-h-2b-guest-workers

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Republicans in Congress Cut a Deal to Double H-2B Guest Workers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 09:15:08 pm »
I agree with e-verify but we don't need to double H-2B.  What are the low income Americans supposed to do?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.