Author Topic: Transgender Immigrant Who Died in ICE Custody Was Beaten, Deprived of Medical Attention, Family Says  (Read 510 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Transgender Immigrant Who Died in ICE Custody Was Beaten, Deprived of Medical Attention, Family Says
POSTED 6:57 AM, NOVEMBER 27, 2018, BY CNN WIRE
FACEBOOK6K+   TWITTER   GOOGLE   LINKEDIN   PINTEREST   EMAIL   
Lawyers for the family of a transgender immigrant say she was physically abused while in US custody and died from insufficient medical care.

Roxsana Hernandez Rodriguez was an HIV-positive transgender woman who fled Honduras to seek asylum in the United States, according to lawyers representing her family.

She entered ICE custody on May 13 at the San Ysidro Port of Entry near San Diego, California, according to ICE. She was transferred to a privately run ICE detention facility, Cibola County Correctional Center in New Mexico on May 16 and housed in a unit for transgender detainees.

Read more at:  https://ktla.com/2018/11/27/transgender-immigrant-who-died-in-ice-custody-was-beaten-deprived-of-medical-attention-family-says/

This occurred in May but is now getting additional coverage because of the allegations. Sounds horrible if true. I have a hard time believing ICE would have abused someone in this situation.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

This occurred in May but is now getting additional coverage because of the allegations. Sounds horrible if true. I have a hard time believing ICE would have abused someone in this situation.

I find it impossible to believe.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@TomSea

I also have a hard time believing those charges.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!