Author Topic: BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Has Died  (Read 18515 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: BREAKING: Former President George H. W. Bush Has Died
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2018, 07:24:57 pm »
He did serve honorably and bravely. I had many disagreements with Bush 41. From the "no new taxes, read my lips" pledge, to his globalist elitism. I wonder how the coverage of this former President will compare to that of McCain. Has the precedent been set for 24/7 coverage for  a week?

@austingirl

Probably. After all they were both globalists,and Bush was more of a globalist than McLunatic. McLunatic was just a whore for hire,but Bush grew up believing he was royalty and knew what was best for everyone. He was a true believer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2018, 07:29:15 pm »
One remains from the WWII generation.

Sadly....The worst one.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2018, 07:30:04 pm »
@Freya

Ask ANY kid that grew up in the 50's who he  would rater meet,a future President or Babe Ruth,and the total would be about 9 million votes for the Babe versus 1 vote for a president. Chances are the 1 vote was made by mistake,too.
You've reminded me that one season, when Ruth was asked how he justified earning more than the president of the United States (at the time, it was Herbert Hoover), quipped, "I had a better year than he did."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2018, 07:30:22 pm »
He was still better than any Democrat.

@dfwgator

As well as better than any of the alleged Republicans we have had since Reagan left office.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2018, 07:34:11 pm »
@Freya

Ask ANY kid that grew up in the 50's who he  would rater meet,a future President or Babe Ruth,and the total would be about 9 million votes for the Babe versus 1 vote for a president. Chances are the 1 vote was made by mistake,too.

“'Why not? I had a better year than he did.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2018, 09:17:30 pm »
George H.W. Bush to lie in state in Capitol Rotunda next week
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/419277-george-hw-bush-to-lie-in-state-in-capitol-rotunda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2018, 09:26:55 pm »
@Applewood lets not encourage Pete's behavior.  He gets off on our reactions.

Here's a great suggestion: Put him on "ignore." I did (along with a couple of others) and it made my thread perusing much more pleasant.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Oceander

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2018, 09:27:30 pm »
Rest In Peace, Mr. President. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2018, 09:41:46 pm »
@catfish1957

You are a JEB fan,too????

ROFLMAO!

Must be a Texas thing.

Where did I say I was a Jeb fan.   I am not.  I do believe in defending your children though, and not besmirching the recently dead.

You are the worst of TBR.  You should be ashamed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2018, 09:56:35 pm »
I didn't care for the man but I wont wish him a bad afterlife (as some do). :nono:

He doubled the cap on legal immigration raising the total to over a million a year. We are living with that mistake today, a mistake that may lead to the eventual destruction of the country.

Bush failed to endorse Trump for President, along with the rest of his family. The Bushes were not loyal to the GOP and proved to be ungrateful for the support the GOP gave them. Teaming up with the Clintons was unforgivable.

George H.W. Bush Calls Trump a ‘Blowhard’

Both father and son had previously said they did not vote for Trump, with the elder Bush opting for Clinton and his son saying he chose “none of the above” on the ballot.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-hw-bush-calls-trump-a-blowhard

I met GHWB when I was a kid.  Seemed like a nice guy, but when I became an adult, I concluded that he had had a lot of bad ideas about making America (and the world?) a "kinder, gentler" place.  And I will never forgive him for voting for Clinton and saying so.   (My goodness, HRC obviously stands for a harsher and ultimately more deadly America even as she acts like a Peacemaker and Lover of Children and likely also flowers and bunnies and quiet walks on the beaches, blah, blah, blah.)

Bush 43 tried to honor his dad's Globalist "kinder, gentler" motif, but he didn't go all in for it in the way Bush 41 did. 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:29:26 pm by the_doc »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2018, 10:01:27 pm »
@austingirl

Probably. After all they were both globalists,and Bush was more of a globalist than McLunatic. McLunatic was just a whore for hire,but Bush grew up believing he was royalty and knew what was best for everyone. He was a true believer.

Sadly, I think you hit the nail on the head.

(I actually like Bush 43, even if he has likely inherited some of his dad's faults.)

Online DB

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2018, 10:11:11 pm »
Good lord, this forum has some of the dumbest people on the internet. You simps will believe any garbage you read.

Must be easy marks for con men, I tell you that.

What?

He did say it at the UN. I checked because I didn't believe it. So you were saying?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2018, 10:26:22 pm »
It comes in three.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2018, 12:14:21 am »
Trump to send presidential aircraft to Houston to pick up George H.W. Bush's casket
By Tal Axelrod - 12/01/18 04:41 PM EST

President Trump said Saturday he will be sending the presidential aircraft to pick up George H.W. Bush’s casket from Texas and bring it to Washington, where the late president will lie in state in the Capitol starting Monday.

“Air Force One will be taking myself and a large group of our people back to Washington. It will then be reset and it will be sent to Houston to pick up the casket of President Bush and then be brought back to Washington,” Trump said at the Group of 20 summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

“We’ll be sending Air Force One, which is a special tribute that he deserves very much and it’s my honor, and again, he’ll be greatly missed. Terrific person, terrific man,” Trump added.

Bush's family announced the former president's death Friday in a statement released by his son, former President George W. Bush. No cause of death has been given. He was 94 years old.

Trump has declared Wednesday to be a national day of mourning and ordered all federal agencies to be closed that day in Bush’s honor. The stock market will be shut down as well.

The late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) was the last politician to lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda. His casket was brought to Washington from Arizona on Air Force Two.

Trump plans to attend George H.W. Bush's funeral services at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. Details on the services have not yet been released.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/419285-trump-to-send-air-force-one-to-houston-to-pick-up-george-hw-bushs
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:16:25 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2018, 12:18:45 am »
George H.W. Bush's final day filled with friends, family, familiar song
by Claude Thompson
 | December 01, 2018 05:55 PM

An Irish tenor who sang for George H.W. Bush's 80th birthday visited the former president Friday, filling Bush's final day with familiar songs.

Ronan Tynan, a double-amputee professional singer and a physician for orthopedic sports injuries, has performed at five different presidential events. All of those, which included Bush's birthday and Ronald Reagan's state funeral, were attended by George W. Bush, the 43rd President of the United States.

According to the New York Times, Tynan, a member of the Irish Tenors, had called early Friday and asked if it was all right if he could stop by. Later that day, he was by Bush's side, singing him "Silent Night" and a Gaelic tune. Bush's former secretary of state, James A. Baker III, said that Bush was mouthing the words to "Silent Night" along with Tynan.

Tynan had both of his legs amputated at the knee when he was 20 years old to better allow for the use of prosthetics following a back injury due to a vehicle accident. He went on to win 18 medals at the Summer Paralympics in the 1980s.

Tynan was also invited to Bush's 90th birthday, the date of Bush's final skydive.

The 41st president spent his last days in the companionship of Baker, who was there for the turning points of Bush's health. Bush had reportedly stopped eating and was rapidly losing weight as of Thursday.

Baker checked on Bush multiple times on Friday, including a promising meal and encouraging energy throughout the day, before Bush's health took a turn for the worse on Friday evening.

"Everybody thought this is going to be a great day and he's back and he's bounced back again," Baker said. "I can't even hardly talk about it without welling up. It was as gentle a passing as I think you could ever expect anyone to have. And he was ready."

Bush's last words were to his namesake son, who proclaimed that the elder Bush had been a "wonderful dad" and that he loved him. "I love you, too," George H. W. Bush said to his son. Baker was with the former president until 10:10 p.m., the moment of his passing.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/george-h-w-bushs-final-day-filled-with-friends-family-familiar-song
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2018, 12:26:54 am »
Regardless of what you think of his presidency, (which I am not a fan) he was in his heart a good husband, father and grandparent.

The Bush family has experienced significant losses to their family this year, and I hope each member of the family truly realizes how fortunate they are to have such a warm and close family with such numerous, wonderful memories.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2018, 12:33:09 am »
   That's 3 US Presidents that have died in Texas. 
   Kennedy, LBJ, GHW Bush.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2018, 12:36:10 am »
Sadly, I think you hit the nail on the head.

(I actually like Bush 43, even if he has likely inherited some of his dad's faults.)

@the_doc

I think I would have liked Boy Jorge on a personal level. I really do think he meant well,but he just had no idea what the hell he was doing because he was following Babs marching orders.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2018, 12:36:49 am »
   Kennedy, LBJ, GHW Bush.

Rumor has it that #2 and #3 were both involved in #1.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2018, 12:39:42 am »
   Kennedy, LBJ, GHW Bush.

@corbe

Well,Texas does have a reputation for being tough on career criminals.

They sure took their sweet damn time getting LBJ,though.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2018, 12:49:39 am »
Rumor has it that #2 and #3 were both involved in #1.

True.  I thought that all the reports of JFK's death were recently supposed to be released.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2018, 12:53:51 am »
True.  I thought that all the reports of JFK's death were recently supposed to be released.

One more picket in that fence is gone.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2018, 12:54:10 am »
It comes in three.

Meaning??  Carter (94), W (72), or Clinton (72) ??  Or perhaps referring to Trump (72)?  It's not like either of them are spring chickens.

Offline corbe

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2018, 01:00:24 am »
    Eisenhower flew to Washington DC to die with his Abilene boots on. 
    When the Good Lord calls GWB home I hope he's on a Book Tour in your State @sneakypete    :whistle:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2018, 01:02:59 am »
Meaning??  Carter (94), W (72), or Clinton (72) ??  Or perhaps referring to Trump (72)?  It's not like either of them are spring chickens.

Or one could say the first one was "McCain, Barbara, George HW", maybe we've already had the 3.