Author Topic: Ryan: There's Something 'Really Bizarre' About California's Election System  (Read 874 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ryan: There's Something 'Really Bizarre' About California's Election System
Leah Barkoukis | @LeahBarkoukis |Posted: Nov 30, 2018 6:20 AM

House Speaker Paul Ryan questioned California’s ballot-counting process after Democrats were able to flip several GOP-held seats.

The state’s election system “defies logic to me,” he said during an interview with the Washington Post’s Paul Kane. “We had a lot of wins that night, and three weeks later we lost basically every contested California race. This election system they have, I can’t begin to understand what ballot harvesting is.”

“We were only down 26 seats the night of the election and three weeks later, we lost basically every California race,” he continued. “This election system they have — I can’t begin to understand what ‘ballot harvesting’ is.”

Read more at: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/11/30/ryan-theres-something-really-bizarre-about-californias-election-results-n2536771

I'm not sure if this was posted but it is too important to not get posted.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm not sure if this was posted but it is too important to not get posted.
The standard in blue states now is: "Count every ballot!"... until the Democrat wins.

You're also going to see more states adopt the California primary rules where the top 2 winners get to be on the General election ballot, even if they are both Democrats; i.e. - the rise of the One-Party States. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Probably the same thing as every blue state.  They have made it as easy as they can for illegal immigrants to vote.  I am sure they are also getting rid of votes.  Like how they were found votes at a school in Florida.  The voting system cannot be trusted anymore.  We should all go back to voting at precincts where they verify your identity.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:29:56 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline The_Reader_David

We really need to encourage the Calexit movement:  we can either let them go in an amicable way (provided subsequent to their secession vote the allow plebiscites in all counties bordering other states on whether to remain in the soon-to-be independent California Republic, or join a neighboring state and remain in the US, give us permanent leases on our naval bases, a free trade agreement and a temporary peg on the California dollar (or peso, whatever they decide to call it) to the US dollar) or oppose their secession followed by a Shermanesque march on San Francisco and (heh, heh...) radical reconstruction!

Either way we're rid of 54 locked 'Rat electoral votes, two 'Rat senators, and a heavily 'Rat congressional delegation (at least until reconstruction is over and the seceded territory readmitted to the Union).

Personally I favor the former (fun though applying radical reconstruction to California might be) -- we also diminish the baleful influence of Hollywood on American culture that way.  I'm sure a more conservative movie industry would grow up somewhere else in the remaining United States.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline bilo

We really need to encourage the Calexit movement: we can either let them go in an amicable way (provided subsequent to their secession vote the allow plebiscites in all counties bordering other states on whether to remain in the soon-to-be independent California Republic, or join a neighboring state and remain in the US, give us permanent leases on our naval bases, a free trade agreement and a temporary peg on the California dollar (or peso, whatever they decide to call it) to the US dollar) or oppose their secession followed by a Shermanesque march on San Francisco and (heh, heh...) radical reconstruction!

Either way we're rid of 54 locked 'Rat electoral votes, two 'Rat senators, and a heavily 'Rat congressional delegation (at least until reconstruction is over and the seceded territory readmitted to the Union).

Personally I favor the former (fun though applying radical reconstruction to California might be) -- we also diminish the baleful influence of Hollywood on American culture that way.  I'm sure a more conservative movie industry would grow up somewhere else in the remaining United States.

:amen:

We should do this if for no other reason than to establish how conservative regions can leave a leftist controlled USA.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

Ok, Lyin' Ryan, what are YOU going to do about it??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Ok, Lyin' Ryan, what are YOU going to do about it??
My thoughts also. He and his GOP cronies sat back and watched it happen. And did nothing.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

We really need to encourage the Calexit movement:  we can either let them go in an amicable way (provided subsequent to their secession vote the allow plebiscites in all counties bordering other states on whether to remain in the soon-to-be independent California Republic, or join a neighboring state and remain in the US, give us permanent leases on our naval bases, a free trade agreement and a temporary peg on the California dollar (or peso, whatever they decide to call it) to the US dollar) or oppose their secession followed by a Shermanesque march on San Francisco and (heh, heh...) radical reconstruction!

How much of the national debt do they assume (1/50th, % of population, % of EC?) and how would it be transferred to them?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Absalom

The Bizarre are blood brothers of the  Bizarre!!!

Online DB

What about the massive national debt they voted for. If they want out they should pay their share of it as their buyout. At a minimum that would be over $2 trillion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ryan: There's Something 'Really Bizarre' About California's Election System
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 11:43:08 am »
There jist ain't no slippin NUTTING past Ryan,is there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

Re: Ryan: There's Something 'Really Bizarre' About California's Election System
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 01:23:55 pm »
There jist ain't no slippin NUTTING past Ryan,is there?

888high58888  Righty O!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.