Author Topic: Blind Man Sues Playboy's Website for Not Being User-Friendly to Visually-Impaired: Report  (Read 1248 times)

Offline goodwithagun

A blind man says he wants to read Playboy for the articles but can’t.

On Wednesday, Donald Nixon — who is legally blind — filed a lawsuit against the legendary company’s website, claiming that it was in violation of the American with Disabilities Act, TMZ reported.

Both Playboy.com and Playboyshop.com are allegedly not compatible with Nixon’s screen-reading software, which allows blind or visually impaired users to read the text with a speech synthesizer or braille display, according to the American Foundation for the Blind.

Based on court documents obtained by TMZ, Nixon argued that visually-impaired people could not “fully and equally use or enjoy the facilities, products, and services.”

Read more here https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/blind-man-sues-playboy-apos-130818081.html
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

I mean, if a man  with a penis can claim to be a woman, why can’t this guy sue Playboy?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

The reason Dixon went blind is from frequenting the Playboy site too many times.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It might make the mag popular with kids who read it under the covers...a braille edition...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

The reason Dixon went blind is from frequenting the Playboy site too many times.

I thought that’s what his hairy palms were from.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

He's suing to win enough money to buy a sex robot.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Both Playboy.com and Playboyshop.com are allegedly not compatible with Nixon’s screen-reading software,

And is that the fault of the web sites or the software?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goodwithagun

It might make the mag popular with kids who read it under the covers...a braille edition...

Bad 90s comedy meme here:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

June 2018 Playboy centerfold in braille.....

Offline roamer_1

Blind guys always get the best parking spaces.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline RoosGirl

June 2018 Playboy centerfold in braille.....

Looks like she tinkled on the floor.  I've heard about that kind of... preference.

Offline Smokin Joe

Looks like she tinkled on the floor.  I've heard about that kind of... preference.
Wrong color....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Wrong color....

You got something against purple women?

Offline roamer_1

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Smokin Joe

You got something against purple women?
Doesn't bother me, and who is going to tell the blind guy?

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

That's raciss.
Great. Now I'll have a bunch of purple people clogging the street and trampling the lawn.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

STD's are on the rise I hear.

So you're saying she's not really purple, just had to bathe in gentian violet?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
So we finally the guy who just wants to read it for the articles.  :silly:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Frank Cannon

So you're saying she's not really purple, just had to bathe in gentian violet?

I'm not sure what house plants have to do with this.

Offline roamer_1

Great. Now I'll have a bunch of purple people clogging the street and trampling the lawn.

Sounds like you need a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater...

Offline Smokin Joe

Sounds like you need a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater...
888high58888

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

THough I dunno if it eats ONLY one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people, or purple people in general... :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

:silly:
 :beer:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Damn beat me to it!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!