Author Topic: No benefits from new U.S. blood pressure guidelines, according to study  (Read 454 times)

rangerrebew

No benefits from new U.S. blood pressure guidelines, according to study
November 27, 2018 , Technical University Munich

When is high blood pressure dangerous? Medical associations offer widely differing answers. In the U.S., for example, patients are seen as hypertensive at much lower pressure than patients in Germany. A team working with Prof. Karl-Heinz Ladwig of the Technical University of Munich and the Helmholtz Zentrum München has concluded that treating patients sooner does not reduce the risk of deadly heart disease, and could even negatively affect their mental health.

https://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2018-11-benefits-blood-pressure-guidelines.html

Offline goodwithagun

Re: No benefits from new U.S. blood pressure guidelines, according to study
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 01:43:09 pm »
No benefits from new U.S. blood pressure guidelines, according to study
November 27, 2018 , Technical University Munich

When is high blood pressure dangerous? Medical associations offer widely differing answers. In the U.S., for example, patients are seen as hypertensive at much lower pressure than patients in Germany. A team working with Prof. Karl-Heinz Ladwig of the Technical University of Munich and the Helmholtz Zentrum München has concluded that treating patients sooner does not reduce the risk of deadly heart disease, and could even negatively affect their mental health.

https://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2018-11-benefits-blood-pressure-guidelines.html

But then Big Pharm can’t sell more drugs, and if they can’t sell more drugs they can’t donate as much to Congressional campaigns.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 04:28:21 pm »
My blood pressure is a little high at the doctor's office, but not at home.  I am at the perfect weight.  My physical, mammogram, bone density test, blood work up, all negative or in normal range.  I eat healthy, work out 2 to 3 times a week, walk a 150 pound dog twice a day.  Happy doc.  Nooooooo.  He keeps whinging on about the blood pressure.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:38:24 pm »
New blood pressure guideline could prevent 3 million cardiovascular events over 10 years
November 19, 2018, University of Utah

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-11-blood-pressure-guideline-million-cardiovascular.html

WTF?  I'm confused.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.