Author Topic: Ryan: 'A Secure Border Should Not Be a Republican Thing, It Shouldn't Be a Democrat Thing'  (Read 242 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Lyin' Ryan still playing the blame game I see.

Ryan: 'A Secure Border Should Not Be a Republican Thing, It Shouldn't Be a Democrat Thing'

There's still time in the lame duck session to get things done, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) told a news conference on Wednesday.

"We want to secure our border. It's very important for the national security of our country that we actually secure our border," he said.

"Hopefully, after the election, Democrats realize a secure border should not be a Republican thing, it shouldn't be a Democrat thing. It's just good for the country to actually secure our border. The House is there, we hope the Senate comes with us," he said............

............The House already has passed the full $5 billion, he noted:

"But ultimately, the president and the Senate Democrats are going to have to come to agreement as well. As you know, this takes 60 votes in the Senate. Therefore, Senate Democrats have a say-so in appropriation matters. And so what I think we're going to have to do is just sort this out with all the parties involved."

And although Republicans won't control the House next year, "We still want to solve problems," he said.

"And look, turn on the TV -- you can see we have a problem at the border. So we want to secure our border. The House Republicans have always wanted to secure the border; the House Republicans have been passing bills to secure our border.........

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/ryan-secure-border-should-not-be-republican-thing-it-shouldnt-be-democrat
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

Does Ryan really think Democrats want a secure border?  Or does he think we rubes believe Democrats want a secure border? 

Honestly, I'm not sure Republicans even want to secure our border. If they did, they would have taken action in the two years they held the presidency and both houses of congress. 

Sorry, Ryan, I'm not buying your big can of hot air. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:56:04 pm by Applewood »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Does Ryan really think Democrats want a secure border?  Or does he think we rubes believe Democrats want a secure border? 

Honestly, I'm not sure Republicans even want to secure our bordet.  If they did, they would have taken action in the two years they held the presidency and both houses of congress. 

Sorry, Ryan, I'm not buying your big can of hot air.

Two messages he delivered; he's putting the vote off on budgeting the wall until the next Congress and he's out of office and then in the next breath he blames the Senate if the budget for the wall doesn't get approved.  Lyin' Ryan strikes again.

@Bigun gave Lyin' Ryan the perfect title 'Worthless Puke'.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.