Author Topic: Trump must save GM's Lordstown, Ohio plant, or he might be the next to lose his job  (Read 1670 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why do I have this feeling that we’re going to end up doing another bail out? When Obama was bragging about how he saved GM, I said the next president and the next president and the next president will be saying the same thing

@LMAO    :whistle:

When the idea of an auto bailout was floated in late 2008, Trump was for it, according to interviews at the time. "You have to save the car industry in this country. General Motors can be great again. Ford can be great again. And Chrysler could be great," he told CNBC at the time, using rhetoric he would later resurrect for his signature 2016 campaign slogan.

Trump echoed a similar sentiment that same year while appearing on Fox News: “I think the government should stand behind them 100 percent,” he told Fox Business anchor Neil Cavuto. “You cannot lose the auto companies. They’re great. They make wonderful products.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-auto-bailout-inconsistency-could-leave-michigan-cold-n625226
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

@LMAO    :whistle:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-auto-bailout-inconsistency-could-leave-michigan-cold-n625226
@txradioguy
I just got the word that President Tweety is going to order the Giants and the Dodgers to move their asses back to Harlem and Flatbush and start building Edsels again because they don't know just who they're messing with.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DB

GM shouldn't have been bailed out and the bond holders screwed the first time.

All it was was delaying the inevitable at a higher cost. They needed to restructure then and accept reality and move on.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ohioans don't care whether they're making Chevys or Bimmers.

BMW is looking to opening another plant in the States.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Well a BMW is about as shitty as a Chevy Cruze so the retooling at the plant shouldn't be a big deal.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

@DCPatriot
Doesn't look like they've decided just where yet . . .

BMW considers building second U.S. plant for engines, transmissions

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Frank Cannon posted the pic:

That thing's ugly no matter who's makin' it !

Offline goatprairie

Frank Cannon posted the pic:

That thing's ugly no matter who's makin' it !
"Land Wind"  their slogan:  "We Break Like The Wind"