Author Topic: 5 Reasons The U.S. Should Issue A Determination On Crimes Committed Against Rohingya  (Read 431 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
5 Reasons The U.S. Should Issue A Determination On Crimes Committed Against Rohingya
Olivia Enos

Nearly 800,000 Rohingya refugees, currently living in Bangladesh, are trying to heal from wounds inflicted by what the UN deemed as genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. It’s been more than a year since those mass atrocities took place in Burma, yet the U.S. government still has not issued a determination on the crimes committed.

There is no shortage of testimony, evidence, and investigation corroborating that genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes occurred. But in its report, ‘Documentation of Atrocities in Northern Rakhine State,’ the U.S. stopped short of applying those terms. Instead, the administration continues to call what happened ethnic cleansing – a phrase employed by former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in the immediate aftermath of August 2017.

The current designation falls far short of reality.

Read more at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliviaenos/2018/11/27/5-reasons-the-u-s-should-issue-a-determination-on-crimes-committed-against-rohingya/#7c667e4e60c9

Rubio cited this article on twitter.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline dfwgator

Not my circus, not my monkeys.