Author Topic: Study: White liberals perform ‘competence downshift’ when talking to a black person  (Read 345 times)

rangerrebew

Study: White liberals perform ‘competence downshift’ when talking to a black person

John SextonPosted at 3:01 pm on November 27, 2018

This article on Yale’s website was published almost two weeks ago. The author of the article, Cydney Dupree, is one of two researchers who started out looking at how white presidential candidates talk when they are addressing a mostly black audience compared to when they are speaking to a mostly white audience. Dupree, who is black, and co-researcher Susan Fiske of Princeton found the candidates were less likely to use words that expressed competence and more likely to use words that expressed warmth when talking to a minority audience:

The team found that Democratic candidates used fewer competence-related words in speeches delivered to mostly minority audiences than they did in speeches delivered to mostly white audiences. The difference wasn’t statistically significant in speeches by Republican candidates, though “it was harder to find speeches from Republicans delivered to minority audiences,” Dupree notes. There was no difference in Democrats’ or Republicans’ usage of words related to warmth. “It was really surprising to see that for nearly three decades, Democratic presidential candidates have been engaging in this predicted behavior.”

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/11/27/study-white-liberals-perform-competence-downshift-talking-black-person/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yo mans! Yall's want to talk about some differential equations! Yo, man, that ain't no big diff. I ain't being cool an shit I'ma jus sayin' that as a White guy, I is be being cool with all you bleep in up in there, in the thick, but yea, I is here to be yall's teacher an shit, so let me hear a 'Wooooohooo!, gimme one time, Wooooooohoo!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.