Author Topic: President Trump proposes launching state-run media network  (Read 1066 times)

Offline kevindavis007

President Trump proposes launching state-run media network
« on: November 27, 2018, 10:48:20 am »

Welcome to Trump TV.

Unhappy with media coverage of his administration, President Trump said Monday that he has grand ideas to rule his own network.

“While CNN doesn’t do great in the United States based on ratings, outside of the U.S. they have very little competition. Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair and false way,” he tweeted.

“Something has to be done, including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!”

Read More: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-news-trump-state-run-media-20181126-story.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Applewood

Re: President Trump proposes launching state-run media network
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:25:36 am »
Would operating a stare-run media outlet even be legal?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 11:41:44 am »
Welcome to Trump TV.

Unhappy with media coverage of his administration, President Trump said Monday that he has grand ideas to rule his own network.

“While CNN doesn’t do great in the United States based on ratings, outside of the U.S. they have very little competition. Throughout the world, CNN has a powerful voice portraying the United States in an unfair and false way,” he tweeted.

“Something has to be done, including the possibility of the United States starting our own Worldwide Network to show the World the way we really are, GREAT!”

Lately, I have been defending this POTUS in many cases, and a good recent example of media abuse was their overwhelming contention that Trump was using the Refugee invasion as a mid term election ploy.  Guess that theory went to shit this weekend.  Haven't heard their mea culpa's yet.

But OTOH.........there are some days that this POTUS can't help but blurt stupidity.

American Pravda?  No thanks Donald.  Instead, why not just say that it is a "Trump" news alternative rather than the "United States" (and taxpayer funded?).  That would eliminate the bad optics here.  And an idea I could support.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:22 pm »
Lately, I have been defending this POTUS in many cases, and a good recent example of media abuse was their overwhelming contention that Trump was using the Refugee invasion as a mid term election ploy.  Guess that theory went to shit this weekend.  Haven't heard their mea culpa's yet.

But OTOH.........there are some days that this POTUS can't help but blurt stupidity.

American Pravda?  No thanks Donald.  Instead, why not just say that it is a "Trump" news alternative rather than the "United States" (and taxpayer funded?).  That would eliminate the bad optics here.  And an idea I could support.

I would have no problem if he launches his own network on his own dime.  But not with Taxpayer money.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 02:14:17 pm »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 02:37:18 pm »
Stupid thread as we already HAVE a state run overseas media....Voice of America.  This is not about propagandizing Americans to be pro Government...as such silly headlines suggest...it is about putting out a counter-argument to anti-American propaganda overseas such as that spewed by CNN.

VOA has been filling this role for 76 years...not sure why this is even news.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:39:29 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 02:39:13 pm »
Stupid thread as we already HAVE a state run overseas media....Voice of America.  This is not about propagandizing Americans to be pro Government...as such silly headlines suggest...it is about putting out a counter-argument to anti-American propaganda overseas such as that spewed by CNN.

I get it.. But Trump should do it ON HIS OWN DIME WHEN HE LEAVES the office. I don't want my tax money fighting CNN..

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 02:47:30 pm »
See, every time he starts really chugging along well, he does something stupid like this. It’s like he just can’t help himself.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 12:45:50 am »
There's an idea whose time has never come! Does anyone have one iota of control over what this man says? I bet it sounded really good in his head and maybe he's just jealous because the democrats basically control what the media says and covers.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:47:54 am by GtHawk »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 01:28:58 am »

Constitutional, or legal?

https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/voice-of-america
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 01:38:20 am »
I certainly object to this, but I wonder where the outcry was when Obastard created his own White Hut production house?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:21 am »

-------------------------------
The stable genius running off at the mouth again.
Pray for a lengthy case of laryngitis!!!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 01:58:50 am »

What the hell do you call PBS? 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:59:52 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 07:44:23 am »
What the hell do you call PBS?
An out-dated network whose original purpose really expired with the advent of cable television and subsequent additional non-cable networks. The choices we have for television viewing especially were almost unthinkable when I was a child.

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting was created to be a private nonprofit by Congress with the 1967 Public Broadcasting Act, so it is legal. But in its own words it is also "the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting and the largest single source of funding for public radio, television, and related online and mobile services." Realistically, its purpose of alternative programming expired legitimately long enough ago. Whatever you do or don't think of what's on television these days, it's very tough to deny that there are vast choices the like of which weren't really foreseen when television was born in the late 1930s, and that it isn't really any of the government's damn business who broadcasts what or who watches what, which by the way it would be wise to remind the FCC now and then, too.

But one suspects that until or unless the CPB and PBS are expired, President Tweety just might lean upon their existence (maybe even on the original Public Broadcasting Act, by way of one or another new contortion of it) to justify launching any kind of state-run media of his own, optics and taxpayers still be damned.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:45:07 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.