Author Topic: House Democrat asks for delay on leadership vote  (Read 208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrat asks for delay on leadership vote
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:35:55 pm »
House Democrat asks for delay on leadership vote
by Naomi Lim
 | November 27, 2018 04:28 PM

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, D-N.Y., on Tuesday asked House Democrats to delay a vote for the next chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee after he was admitted to the hospital for a bacterial infection.

Maloney's caucus is scheduled to hold a private vote Wednesday regarding its leadership team before the start of the next Congress. He is a candidate to head the DCCC, which works to recruit and elect Democrats to the lower chamber.

"I had intended to stand for election to a leadership position this week, but life had other plans for me. I've always been blessed with good health, but this condition is going to require a few days of intensive treatment," Maloney said on Tuesday in a statement, according to the Journal News and The Hill.

"With deep respect for my supporters and colleagues, I felt it was improper to continue a leadership run at this time, unless the election can be postponed until a later date. I'll be enthusiastically re-joining my colleagues soon to get to work on the important issues of the day," said the former Clinton White House aide, who was hospitalized again Monday after feeling unwell on Sunday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-democrat-asks-for-delay-on-leadership-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34