Author Topic: Jim Jordan: 'We've got five weeks' to get border wall funding  (Read 624 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jim Jordan: 'We've got five weeks' to get border wall funding
« on: November 27, 2018, 03:45:59 pm »
Jim Jordan: 'We've got five weeks' to get border wall funding
By Megan Keller - 11/27/18 10:43 AM EST

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said Tuesday that Republicans had to pass funding for the border wall before Democrats take over the majority in the House.

"We've got five weeks before Nancy Pelosi takes over as Speaker of the House," Jordan told Fox & Friends Tuesday morning. "We had better get focused on the things that really matter."

He called "building the border security wall and securing the southern border" one of the most imporant issues in in the spending bills under consideration by Congress.

"We've seen what's happened in the last couple days," Jordan said, likely referring to a scuffle at the southern border Sunday in which over 1,000 people reportedly rushed the border wall in large groups, some of them throwing rocks.

"And that was the biggest promise that Republicans made to voters in 2016," he said of the border wall. "So we had better fight for that."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/418422-jim-jordan-weve-got-five-weeks-to-get-border-wall-funding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Jim Jordan: 'We've got five weeks' to get border wall funding
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
How about using the tariff money Jim.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 03:57:37 pm »
So they got five weeks to get the check from Mexico??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 05:11:34 pm »
You’ve had two years, ‘Gym.’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 05:50:46 pm »

"And that was the biggest promise that Republicans made to voters in 2016," he said of the border wall. "So we had better fight for that."

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 05:52:36 pm »
Maybe instead of fortifying Europe we should fortify our border. Hell, let's build giant military islands like China. I bet that would create a couple jobs.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 06:30:50 pm »
Maybe instead of fortifying Europe we should fortify our border. Hell, let's build giant military islands like China. I bet that would create a couple jobs.

That's not the kind of "jobs" Democrats like.  It leaves something of value standing. :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 06:32:25 pm »
That's not the kind of "jobs" Democrats like.  It leaves something of value standing. :laugh:

There's so very many things we could do to help Americans. It really is a pity.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 06:37:09 pm »
There's money sitting in various ridiculous discretionary accounts, money that we give to the UN, El Chapo money, etc.  The money is there.  With the caravan mob now at our border, it's time for the RINO's in Congress to admit that this president was right and approve the money for the wall.!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 06:43:12 pm »
There's so very many things we could do to help Americans. It really is a pity.

It's a shame the Uniparty discredited the concept by politicizing everything.  It is now assumed that anything done will end up being a waste of money.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 07:18:19 pm »
There's money sitting in various ridiculous discretionary accounts, money that we give to the UN, El Chapo money, etc.  The money is there.  With the caravan mob now at our border, it's time for the RINO's in Congress to admit that this president was right and approve the money for the wall.!
The GOP House Reps. elected Paul Ran to be their leader. He stands in the way of the wall.

He fits right in behind his recentpredecessors, Dennisss Hastert (homosexual child molester) and John Boner, drug peddler.
Do notbe surprised to learnRyan has traveled to La Jolla, and Park City, Crawford too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 08:41:48 pm »
The GOP House Reps. elected Paul Ran to be their leader. He stands in the way of the wall.

He fits right in behind his recentpredecessors, Dennisss Hastert (homosexual child molester) and John Boner, drug peddler.
Do notbe surprised to learnRyan has traveled to La Jolla, and Park City, Crawford too.

Yes, Lyin' Ryan is definitely hazardous to the cause, but I'm hoping that by the grace of God, we got our wall.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.