Author Topic: GOP chairman releases year-end tax package  (Read 558 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP chairman releases year-end tax package
« on: November 27, 2018, 03:42:37 pm »
GOP chairman releases year-end tax package
By Naomi Jagoda - 11/26/18 09:59 PM EST

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-Texas) late Monday released a 297-page tax and IRS package that would address a host of issues some lawmakers are interested in tackling in the lame-duck session.

The legislation includes provisions to renew expired tax provisions, make technical fixes to last year's tax cut law, provide incentives for retirement savings, provide tax relief for disaster victims and make improvements to the IRS. It would provide for a resolution of a number of tax issues in the final weeks of the year while Republicans still control both chambers of Congress.

The House Rules Committee is scheduled to hold a meeting on the legislation on Wednesday, and a Republican aide said that the package is likely to receive a vote on the House floor later this week.

Brady said in a statement that provisions in the bill have bipartisan support, but it remains to be seen whether Senate Democrats will support the measure. The package would need 60 votes to pass the Senate, meaning that some Democratic senators would need to back it for it to become law.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/418361-gop-chairman-releases-year-end-tax-package
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP chairman releases year-end tax package
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:11:41 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 01:52:14 am »
From article  The bill would make permanent a tax credit related to railroad track maintenance, phase out tax breaks for biodiesel and renewable diesel and extend a number of other expired tax provisions through the end of 2018 — including tax breaks that benefit the renewable energy, horse racing and motorsports industries.

Good to see we are going back to economic reality by deleting tax breaks on biodiesel and renewable diesel, but the extention on renewable energy is a lot bigger target.

Confusing message to cut one and not the other.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 03:27:42 pm »
Cutting tax breaks for renewable energy?  There are lots of people who have benefited from the tax breaks to free themselves from high energy costs.  Is that the target, citizens who are installing solar energy products?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:52:34 pm »
Cutting tax breaks for renewable energy?  There are lots of people who have benefited from the tax breaks to free themselves from high energy costs.  Is that the target, citizens who are installing solar energy products?

I've got news for you my dear. Solar energy products cost more to maintain than they save you on energy costs by far! Which is whay tey can't give the damned stuff away these days.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 01:46:52 am »
I've got news for you my dear. Solar energy products cost more to maintain than they save you on energy costs by far! Which is whay tey can't give the damned stuff away these days.

I disagree.  I have friends in Arizona who run completely off solar.  They love it.  I have friends in Hawaii who mostly power from solar.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 06:16:00 pm »
What type of nonsense is that?  You do realize don't you that solar is far more expensive than other forms of power?  Having taxpayers contribute for someone to install solar power is not helping the bulk of Americans but a select few who likely do not need any assistance anyway.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 06:17:04 pm »
I disagree.  I have friends in Arizona who run completely off solar.  They love it.  I have friends in Hawaii who mostly power from solar.
Fine, let them pay for it themselves rather than off my back.

I love my electricity that is from power generators natural gas fired, but those guys are not contributing to my electric bill like I am to theirs.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:19:16 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 06:36:43 pm »
I note that there is no bottom line mentioned.
I forget... Where are we this year already? $4T ?