Author Topic: Trump on dire warnings in climate report: ‘I don’t believe it’  (Read 25218 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

After five pages, it's no longer entertaining...just sheer banality.

Don't worry.  He's got a n00b that is gonna give him a run for his money.  I can tell from the first post I read.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

Big shots, 30 on 1. Ooo, tough guys.

Don’t agree with you @Dexter but kudos for hanging in.  :beer:

Offline Idiot

Like defending the flat earth......

Offline aligncare

Like defending the flat earth......

...and, yet they try – against all reason.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Don't worry.  He's got a n00b that is gonna give him a run for his money.  I can tell from the first post I read.

Another suffering Millennial.  Enough said.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Healthy dialogue is important because we all grow from it. I wish more people could understand that.

:beer:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Healthy dialogue is important because we all grow from it. I wish more people could understand that.

We wish you could understand what healthy dialogue means.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
We wish you could understand what healthy dialogue means.

That happens when you equate scientist as infallable and people on a theological level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As people we don't have much choice but to rely on each other and try to pull strength from our collective knowledge. I would be very interested in seeing you argue with those that are qualified to disagree with you.
Why? As you have repeatedly stated, you wouldn't understand a F***ing word of it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That happens when you equate scientist as infallable and people on a theological level.

No, he only sees leftist scientists* as infallible. 

*  Which is an oxymoron, because science should not be dictated by political ideology.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 05:09:16 pm by Sanguine »

Online Smokin Joe

Green is the new Red.
The Soviets, specifically, the KGB sent seed money to international "environmental" organizations in the '70s in hopes that those organizations would succeed in hobbling Western Industry.

It was the best strategic investment they ever made, ruble for ruble returning far more than any weapons system in damage to the West.

It is little surprise that the latter day Marxists and Communists are using the same lash to flog capitalist economies, well beyond the cleanup efforts needed in the 60s and 70s, and now the government itself is a major environmental wrecking ball, displaying a marked inability to understand dynamic balance in complex systems, instead trying to preserve them in a static state, often with disastrous results.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They're purt'near done. http://www.educationviews.org/read-the-secret-45-goals-of-communism-leaked-to-congress-in-1963/

@Smokin Joe

Purt' near???  They own one political party 100%, the other about 75%, are infiltrated throughout the government bureaucracy in depth,  plus the media and academia.  I'd say they've got us pretty much where they want us.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Purt' near???  They own one political party 100%, the other about 75%, are infiltrated throughout the government bureaucracy in depth,  plus the media and academia.  I'd say they've got us pretty much where they want us.
"They've got us surrounded, the poor bastards!"
Gen. Creighton Abrams

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Pull up a chair and watch till the end ... I hope you find this just as interesting and entertaining as I do.  Once of my favorite clips:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9-tY1oZNw
WOW! Just WOW!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
No, he only sees leftist scientists* as infallible. 

*  Which is an oxymoron, because science should not be dictated by political ideology.

If the vast majority of the scientists were conservative I would still believe them. It's more about the sheer number of scientists that believe one thing rather than the other.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If the vast majority of the scientists were conservative I would still believe them. It's more about the sheer number of scientists that believe one thing rather than the other.

:facepalm:

However, that is a pretty good deflection.  Something at which you excel.

Online Smokin Joe

The earth is the center of the Universe.

The Earth is flat.

It'll never fly, Orville.

You cannot go faster than sound.

You can fill volumes with the things which at one time were thought to be so, but were not.

As I have said, many are the times when one man (or woman) stood against consensus and was correct.

Tens of thousands of scientists have decried the idea of forming public policy on the basis of this theory, especially since of late (last two decades), the data do not support the most basic premise, that any warming is occurring. Those who stand to make fortunes off the systematic destruction of the American Economy through ridiculous regulations and taxes (which will only make using fuels more expensive, not stop their use), are desperate to shove those regulations through before Americans wake up to the scam--and they are waking up to it.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

:facepalm2:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

The earth is the center of the Universe.

The Earth is flat.

It'll never fly, Orville.

You cannot go faster than sound.

You can fill volumes with the things which at one time were thought to be so, but were not.

As I have said, many are the times when one man (or woman) stood against consensus and was correct.

Tens of thousands of scientists have decried the idea of forming public policy on the basis of this theory, especially since of late (last two decades), the data do not support the most basic premise, that any warming is occurring. Those who stand to make fortunes off the systematic destruction of the American Economy through ridiculous regulations and taxes (which will only make using fuels more expensive, not stop their use), are desperate to shove those regulations through before Americans wake up to the scam--and they are waking up to it.

They'll wake up when it hits them in their pockets.  Just like those protesting in France.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46437904
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Hoodat

A vast number of doctors believe that smoking pot makes you stupid.  97% of them, in fact.  It's a consensus, settled science and all.  Do you believe that sheer number?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A vast number of doctors believe that smoking pot makes you stupid.  97% of them, in fact.  It's a consensus, settled science and all.  Do you believe that sheer number?

@Hoodat

You can't possibly be that ignorant because nobody is that ignorant.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Hoodat

You can't possibly be that ignorant because nobody is that ignorant.

Oh, don't bet on it, @sneakypete.  But, it's not Hoodat showing the ignorance. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Agreed.  Good to see you hanging in there, @Dexter.

One of the underreported aspects of the U.S. National Climate Assessment is that the news is far from dire,  especially when reasonable assumptions regarding technological change and economic progress over the course of the century are used.    The Assessment's headline of $500 billion in annual costs by 2090 is based on assumptions of stagnant growth, exploding populations,  and lack of technological progress.  None of that is reasonable.   Indeed, the Assessment predicts fully one-half the level of emissions "consistent with a baseline scenario that assumes a global development that focuses on technological improvements and a shift to service industries but does not aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions a goal in itself ."

Note the emphasis.   Continued growth and prosperity is the single biggest thing we can do to reduce global emissions - even if we are not deliberately trying to cut carbon.   

And it is exactly growth and prosperity that are threatened by virtue-signaling carbon taxes,  because there's nothing more conducive to growth than affordable energy.       

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:52:41 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide