Author Topic: Trump on dire warnings in climate report: ‘I don’t believe it’  (Read 24714 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
But I thought you weren't qualified to speak on this because you weren't an expert?

You said that yourself.

Yet suddenly you're qualified enough to say that the source I used doesn't break the numbers down and is biased?

:pondering:

97% of all scientists are not saying that humans are a critical threat to the quality of our climate. That was either a lie or a misunderstanding. 97% of all climate scientists are saying that humans to varying degrees DO impact the quality of our climate. They do not agree on how much. A large majority (way over 50%) do still believe that humans are moderately to severely impacting the environment.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:55:00 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
97% of all scientists are not saying that humans are a critical threat to the quality of our climate. That was either a lie or a misunderstanding. 97% of all climate scientists are saying that humans to varying degrees DO impact the quality of our climate. They do not agree on how much. A large majority (way over 50%) do still believe that humans are moderately to severely impacting the environment.

That was quite a combo move you just did there...backpedaling while at the same time moving the goal posts.

Bravo!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Dexter

That was quite a combo move you just did there...backpedaling while at the same time moving the goal posts.

Bravo!

Your stubbornness might actually destroy humanity.

Congratulations.
-Socrates

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I know scientists have made some incorrect predictions in the past. I still listen to scientists though because nobody is more qualified to have an opinion based on the current evidence. Surgeons make mistakes too sometimes. I still want a surgeon to lead my surgery, though.
They are people not Gods, they are ruled by ego and greed, there is a whole lot of money riding on man made global warming, the moron gore made himself a billionaire on people stupidity, California just made a busload of cash selling carbon credits, it's moneymoneymoneymoney. I would put more faith in the Scientist who identified the current grand solar minimum we have entered which explains the last two years of actual global cooling we have had and our conyinued cooling than all of the money pocketing research 'climatologists out there hawking their bogus conclusions. I'm old enough to remember a number of these globull warming hawks scaring the shit out of the gullible in the seventies when they screaming about global cooling and the coming ice age.

Offline Dexter

They are people not Gods, they are ruled by ego and greed, there is a whole lot of money riding on man made global warming, the moron gore made himself a billionaire on people stupidity, California just made a busload of cash selling carbon credits, it's moneymoneymoneymoney. I would put more faith in the Scientist who identified the current grand solar minimum we have entered which explains the last two years of actual global cooling we have had and our conyinued cooling than all of the money pocketing research 'climatologists out there hawking their bogus conclusions. I'm old enough to remember a number of these globull warming hawks scaring the shit out of the gullible in the seventies when they screaming about global cooling and the coming ice age.

Humans are greedy as hell no matter what is happening. That doesn't mean the scientists are wrong.
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Congratulations.
! No longer available
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

! No longer available

That's not a compelling argument for why we shouldn't worry about what the scientists are worried about.
-Socrates

Offline Axeslinger

Ooh, I found a gif that pretty much sums up @Dexter on EVERY SINGLE THREAD on this forum:

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

Humans are greedy as hell no matter what is happening. That doesn't mean the scientists are wrong.
And there is no real proof that they are right about global warming, none of the islands they predicted would be covered by the ocean, none of the beaches they claimed would disappear, the horrendous bogeyman of the melting arctic and dying polar bears...............all end of the world wet dreams. Every year they have to reschedule their predicted catastrophes because, why, we just aren't heating up the way they juiced the numbers to show. Back when saint Algore invented his inconvenient truth and it was forced on the children in English schools a parent sued to have it stopped because it was a fraud, it went to court and the parent won...................it's all a convenient cash cow for some and a economy killer for everyone else.

You go ahead and worry about the great sea level rise, the damage to crops(if one zone becomes intemperate doesn't that mean that another zone will become temperate) Me I'm gonna take classes on building igloos. I have more fear of damage to the ecosystem and species by Mr. Chop Chop wind farms and giant avian frying solar farms. I'm gonna get a bumper sticker that say Green Energy Kills, partly because it's true but mostly because it will cause emotional pain to Gaia worshipers.

Offline Dexter

And there is no real proof that they are right about global warming

The fact that almost all of them are still worried about it should concern you. They are not pulling a fast one on you.
-Socrates

Offline dfwgator

That's not a compelling argument for why we shouldn't worry about what the scientists are worried about.

The only thing scientists worry about is their funding being cut off.

Offline Night Hides Not

Congratulations.

That's quite a load to drop on @txradioguy 's shoulders.  :rolling:

In my opinion, your critical thinking skills leave a great deal to be desired. You make wide sweeping comments without any evidence to back them up. A link every now and then would be most helpful.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Dexter

You make wide sweeping comments without any evidence to back them up.

The scientists think they have a lot of evidence. They're really not just bullshitting you. They could possibly be wrong, but the odds of that are not worth the gamble in my opinion.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

A link every now and then would be most helpful.

I already get too involved in these conversations because I am trying to disagree with so many people at once. I do give links from time to time, but for the most part I'm not willing to put forth the extra effort when I'm already 99.99999999999% sure that I am right. There's also the problem that half of the links I might give you come from sources you won't accept as a rule, so in addition to doing extra research I would have to refine it by only pulling information from links you will trust.
-Socrates

Offline RetBobbyMI

The scientists think they have a lot of evidence. They're really not just bullshitting you. They could possibly be wrong, but the odds of that are not worth the gamble in my opinion.
It’s all “what if” fake news science without any evidence. What if they said the earth will blow apart next week? On what basis.  Climate changes on cyclical basis. Known fact! So what do they have that’s out of the ordinary?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline GtHawk

The fact that almost all of them are still worried about it should concern you. They are not pulling a fast one on you.
I'm not in the least worried, or concerned by anything these so called experts you elevate have to say. Year after year I hear that it's the hottest ever(I love that one) And you know I watch reruns of the old Carson show and it's amazing when in some of his monologues from decades ago he talks about the same weather,periodic droughts, periodic torrential rain and temperatures well over 100 to 110's in California that the experts tell us is occurring now as record never before seen(bullshit) heat or drought.

I've lived in SoCal for over sixty years and I haven't seen anything in the last twenty,or even ten years that I didn't  sixty years ago, just the same cyclical weather patterns, well except for in the 90's when parts of Fountain Valley(including my house) and Huntington Beach flooded out because of torrential rains.

Yeah, their not pulling a fast one on me, their trying to pull it on everyone, maybe you should look into the Solar Minimum instead of worrying about globull warming.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/28/nasa-the-chill-of-solar-minimum-is-being-felt-in-our-atmosphere-cooling-trend-seen/

https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2018/09/27/the-chill-of-solar-minimum/

Offline roamer_1

How did they get to be the "most qualified"? By deciding whose papers are published and whose are discarded in the 'peer review' process. Then they quote each other's papers to support the same conclusions, derived from "adjusted" data.

Don't forget the political aspect, with government deciding who gets grants for what... It is incredibly simple to manipulate the outcome right from the get-go.

Offline Hoodat

You really should take them seriously still.

@Dexter

I will begin to take them seriously the day that they produce the first piece of evidence showing that a change in atmospheric CO2 fraction from 0.00038 to 0.00039 causes the temperature of the planet to rise.  Heck, I would even settle for a simple black body radiation test set o.o in someone's basement with two jugs, a couple of thermocouple, and an electric iron.  But I can't even get that.  Instead, I hear conclusions drawn on zero evidence and people like you who won't challenge it because you refuse to think.

Of course there is 600,000 years of historical data showing that temperature - not CO2 - is the independent variable here.  Yet you refuse to consider it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I take the words of people that know more than me very seriously. Have you ever tried to read a legit scientific study on climate change? I think of myself as having a pretty good vocabulary, but it's hard for me to even understand a lot of what is being said.
http://www.petitionproject.org/ 31,487 scientists who do understand what is being said, who assert the science is not settled.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Whoa, there, sparky. Almost all of whom? Nearly every geologist (we study climate, we study the lithic deposits made as a result of the climate, especially) I know--and there are quite a few--will tell you (if they don't rely on grants and are not tied directly into the university system (I.E. on the payroll)) that the science is far from settled, and that it is highly (as in 99.99% sure likely) that humans are not the forcing agent, nor is human activity or emissions the forcing agent in any global warming which may be occurring. In fact, for over the last decade, there has been no warming according to satellite data. 
Taking a longer view, one which encompasses hundreds of millions of years, puts the current small fraction of the entire climate history of the planet in perspective--a perspective the average person is denied by presentations that only go back to the last temperature lows and which predict increases in temperature which simply do not occur. 
As I said before, what apparent agreement you are seeing is an artifact: of who is handed the microphone, who gets to the podium, who has the grant money (which is awarded on a political basis, because the politicians see not only a cash cow, but the means to more power) who does the 'peer review', the publicity, and who controls what thoughts, what research are published, and even access to unadulterated data.

If you never saw anything to the contrary, you might be convinced that there was no dissent in the scientific ranks, but as scientists well know, few things are ever met with universal agreement.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

I've lived in SoCal for over sixty years and I haven't seen anything in the last twenty,or even ten years that I didn't  sixty years ago, just the same cyclical weather patterns, well except for in the 90's when parts of Fountain Valley(including my house) and Huntington Beach flooded out because of torrential rains.
I lived in southern California only three years, from 1962-65, and all I can remember is how blazing hot it was, typically over 100 degrees for days on end.

But, hey, it's a dry heat!  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Outside all the arguments, pro and con, regarding anthropogenic climate change, or what data is being fudged or not, or the fact that global cooling was all the rage in the 1970’s, the ultimate question is what are you going to do about something that is a natural part of Earth regardless if industrial man existed or not? Elected officials want to enact Green policies that many other countries have given up on that will only impoverish people without really showing any evidence the climate has been “fixed.”

They also cannot tell anybody what the ideal Earth climate should be. That’s similar to having a Dr tell you your blood pressure is abnormal but is unable to tell you what a normal, healthy blood pressure is
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Outside all the arguments, pro and con, regarding anthropogenic climate change, or what data is being fudged or not, or the fact that global cooling was all the rage in the 1970’s, the ultimate question is what are you going to do about something that is a natural part of Earth regardless if industrial man existed or not? Elected officials want to enact Green policies that many other countries have given up on that will only impoverish people without really showing any evidence the climate has been “fixed.”

They also cannot tell anybody what the ideal Earth climate should be. That’s similar to having a Dr tell you your blood pressure is abnormal but is unable to tell you what a normal, healthy blood pressure is
:beer:  Bravo!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I personally think we should invest deeply into the research and development of solar power so we can get it to and beyond the point where it can compete in the free market.

I have no objection to that, but most want to boost solar power by restricting or making artificially more expensive conventional oil and gas.   Our prosperity depends on affordable power,  and we don't have the problems with air pollution that plague the Chinese.    We are not the problem,  but greens demand that the United States - and that means you and I - bear the burden for CO2 emissions being spewed into the atmosphere by China and India.   

There is no credible evidence of which I am aware - and please enlighten me if I'm wrong, @Dexter ,  that artificial burdens we place on U.S. citizens will tangibly affect the climate.   The science may say the climate is changing,  but that is not the same thing as saying there's anything we can do to reverse it.   What we CAN do is use our economic prosperity built on affordable energy to find ways to ameliorate the adverse impacts of climate change, and to further advance our already leading role in reducing air and water pollution.   Cleaner air benefits me;  reduced CO2 emissions - especially at the cost of my prosperity - do not.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RetBobbyMI

Hose so called climate experts have yet to explain how south Texas can have record high temps this summer and near record below normal temps so far this fall and soon winter, in the same year. Their arguments don’t hold water.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy