Author Topic: Sessions says he has no plans to return to Senate  (Read 844 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sessions says he has no plans to return to Senate
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:27:06 pm »
Sessions says he has no plans to return to Senate
By Tal Axelrod - 12/05/18 04:11 PM EST

Former Attorney General and Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions (R) hinted to Politico that he is done with politics after his ouster from the Department of Justice despite rumors he was considering running for his old Senate seat in 2020.

"I've been clearing my brain. I think that's a fair statement,” told Politico on Wednesday. “I’ll go to Alabama, do some things and then that will clarify things a little more before I worry about making a statement.”

“No. I mean, no,” he added when asked if he misses the Senate. “I could go back and spend time in the woods. I’ve got 10 grandchildren, oldest is 11.”

Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.), who won an upset special election in 2017 and will be running for a full term in 2020, is widely considered to be the most vulnerable incumbent in the next election cycle. Sessions, who remains popular in the state, was floated by some as a potential Republican candidate.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/419925-sessions-says-he-has-no-plans-to-return-to-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Sessions says he has no plans to return to Senate
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 11:30:14 pm »
Good.  It indicates to me that the little weasel was bought and paid for by the DEMS.  I'd say his political career is OVER.  Good riddance!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:35:53 pm »
Good.  It indicates to me that the little weasel was bought and paid for by the DEMS.  I'd say his political career is OVER.  Good riddance!

What? I say his political career is determined by whether he runs or not (ie. by him). He is very much beloved by this state no matter what outsiders wrongfully think of him.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 11:40:30 pm »
What? I say his political career is determined by whether he runs or not (ie. by him). He is very much beloved by this state no matter what outsiders wrongfully think of him.

I'm judging him based on his lack of ability to be a suitable head of the DOJ.  He FAILED!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 11:49:01 pm »

He may be loved in your State, but he still remains the classic definition of the Peter Principal. He clearly was over his head as AG.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 11:53:28 pm »
He may be loved in your State, but he still remains the classic definition of the Peter Principal. He clearly was over his head as AG.

Oh, I think he knew exactly what he was doing.  He allowed Rosenstein and Mueller to go on their witch hunt.  It doesn't matter if he recused himself or not, he was still acting head of the DOJ and should have nipped that b.s. in the bud long ago.  He FAILED to do so.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 12:14:40 am »
Judas.