Author Topic: European Court Creates a Dictatorship of the Easily Offended with Blasphemy Laws  (Read 302 times)

rangerrebew

European Court Creates a Dictatorship of the Easily Offended with Blasphemy Laws

We think of Europe as secular, progressive, and confidently post-religious. But try criticizing Islam.

Should governments be in the business of protecting people’s feelings? Most Americans, I think would say no. The European Court of Human Rights, however, thinks otherwise. In a historic move last month, the international court affirmed a conviction by a lower court in Vienna against a right-wing speaker who criticized the prophet Muhammad.

Identified only as “E.S.,” the woman, at a seminar in Vienna in 2009, described the founder of Islam as a “pedophile.” According to Islamic tradition, Muhammad was in his fifties when he married his third wife, Aisha, who was six years old at the time. Tradition also says Muhammad waited to consummate their union until the girl was nine.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/john-stonestreet/european-court-creates-dictatorship-easily-offended-blasphemy-laws

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I bet the Muzzies never dreamt that Europe would be conquered this easily.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

I bet the Muzzies never dreamt that Europe would be conquered this easily.

Sweden, Denmark, Britain, France, Germany etc. etc. will be interesting to watch, for so many reasons, in the next several decades

Many years ago, because of declining birthrates, they believed that they needed to import people to help pay for their generous welfare states but it hasn’t really worked out that well for them

But the article is correct. This is a Blasphemy Law. And it’s not gonna stop there
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again, "the question":
Who's winning...?