Author Topic: Why It Will Take Until 2028 To Make Soldiers Look Like They Did In 1945  (Read 298 times)

rangerrebew

November 25, 2018 

Why It Will Take Until 2028 To Make Soldiers Look Like They Did In 1945

It's complicated.
by Task and Purpose James Clark

The Army will field its new World War II-throwback uniforms over a period of eight years to ensure that enlisted soldiers have plenty of time to accumulate enough money from their clothing allowances to buy them, a top service spokesman said on Monday.

New soldiers will begin receiving the “Army Greens” at their first units in summer 2020 and the uniform will become mandatory to wear in 2028, officials told reporters at a roundtable.

For soldiers who join their first units in spring 2020 – right before the Army Greens are issued – it will take six years of clothing allowances before they have enough money to purchase the uniform without spending any of their own money, said Brig. Gen. Omar Jones, head of Army public affairs.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-it-will-take-until-2028-make-soldiers-look-they-did-1945-36657

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Why It Will Take Until 2028 To Make Soldiers Look Like They Did In 1945
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 01:30:24 pm »
What *I* want to know is why they are doing it at all. Is someone going to try to convince me the army has nothing better to spend it's money on that new dress uniforms?

I guess I should be thankful no one has claimed this was to have unisex uniforms.

Whose family has a uniform contract with the army?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

Re: Why It Will Take Until 2028 To Make Soldiers Look Like They Did In 1945
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 01:44:58 pm »

Whose family has a uniform contract with the army?

Diane Feinstein?