Author Topic: Trump alarms his confidantes with questions about Mike Pence's loyalty  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump alarms his confidantes with questions about Mike Pence's loyalty

news  6 days ago
Business Insider President Donald Trump has been asking advisers lately about whether Vice President Mike Pence is loyal, according to people familiar with the discussions cited by The New York Times on Friday.

The question, which The Times said had been asked repeatedly, alarmed advisers and could indicate possible doubts Trump may have about his second-in-command.

https://start.att.net/news/read/category/news/article/business_insider-trump_alarms_his_confidantes_with_questions_about-newscred2
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Re: Trump alarms his confidantes with questions about Mike Pence's loyalty
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 11:48:52 pm »
Finally!  Mike Pence came out of nowhere and Trump made him his VP!  I wonder if this was another Jared pick?  I think it is wise that Trump is questioning his choice.

Can he appoint a new VP though in 2020?    If so, Ted Cruz!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 11:59:23 pm »
What a joke to question the loyalty.  Pence is the only person in the admin Trump can’t fire.  He’s had the ability to be independent, but has been shown to be nothing but fawning and obsequious. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 12:04:12 am »
Finally!  Mike Pence came out of nowhere and Trump made him his VP!  I wonder if this was another Jared pick?  I think it is wise that Trump is questioning his choice.

Pence was recommended by Manafort.

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-pence-was-handpicked-paul-manafort-696412

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 01:16:58 am »
What a joke to question the loyalty.  Pence is the only person in the admin Trump can’t fire.  He’s had the ability to be independent, but has been shown to be nothing but fawning and obsequious.

No joke.  Perhaps Trump is trying to lay some groundwork for selecting another VP in 2020.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 01:47:05 am »

Can he appoint a new VP though in 2020?    If so, Ted Cruz!!!

As far as I know, Pence has been totally loyal to the President.  I can't even figure out where this story came from.  It was suggested that Trump might be paving the way to get rid of Pence as running mate in 2020.  That's a long way off and an odd idea.  Veeps never win an election for you.

I think this is another non-story.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 01:49:56 am »

It's a nothingburger story out on Thanksgiving four-day weekend.

Geez...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 01:51:24 am »
Another day, another anonymous source claiming the sky is falling at the White House.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 01:55:34 am »
Veeps never win an election for you.

Except in 1960 and 1980, when the respective VP choices solidified the parties.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 03:03:39 am »

Except in 1960 and 1980, when the respective VP choices solidified the parties.

LBJ?   1960?   Right,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 03:24:43 am »
LBJ?   1960?   Right,

Kennedy needed his southern support in 1960 and still barely won. He was campaigning in TX, because he was still in trouble politically, in the south. LBJ won in a landslide in 1964. Kennedy wouldn’t have, if he won at all.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 03:30:39 am »
Is there no worthless crap we will not promote on this forum?

Seriously, the only ones who believe ATT.Net are Yahoo sheep.

Who the hell are WE?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 04:50:18 am »

Seriously, the only ones who believe ATT.Net are Yahoo sheep.

Who the hell are WE?

It isn't like he has fired many of his cabinet already.  He also has leaks.  I hope it isn't true, but it would not be out of character.  This came originally from Business Insider.  Being honest you would have to agree that Trumps presidency has been plagued with suspicion.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 06:21:07 am »
I've seen articles from Breitbart, ONN, and FreedomBoner.gun, but openly racist sources are still rejected.  And that's not just because @mystery-ak wouldn't tolerate it, but because the rank and file posters set a higher standard for this forum than the President of the United States sets for his personal twitter re-tweets.

Good on you all.   :beer:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 05:32:29 pm »
LBJ?   1960?   Right,

Veep choices can help but they can't win.  McCain tried to get the conservative vote by choosing Sarah Palin.  He is not president and never will be.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 05:34:52 pm »
I've seen articles from Breitbart, ONN, and FreedomBoner.gun, but openly racist sources are still rejected.  And that's not just because @mystery-ak wouldn't tolerate it, but because the rank and file posters set a higher standard for this forum than the President of the United States sets for his personal twitter re-tweets.

Good on you all.   :beer:

That's total BS and you know it.  I've been insulted much harsher here than I've ever seen Trump insult anyone.

I've gotten over any angst I once felt over Trump's tweets.  In the current climate, they are a necessary evil.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 09:07:29 pm »
That's total BS and you know it.  I've been insulted much harsher here than I've ever seen Trump insult anyone.

I've gotten over any angst I once felt over Trump's tweets.  In the current climate, they are a necessary evil.
I almost exclusively insult Trump and not his stupid voters.  You take it personally, when I say Trump is a scumbag, because you think I am calling you a scumbag.  I don't think you are a scumbag, because you ignorantly love Trump. I just think you stupidly accept failure.

I don't insult you because of you.  I don't consider you worth comment.  You're just a mindless thrall to me.

I hope that allays your concerns @Emjay 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 01:18:25 am »
I almost exclusively insult Trump and not his stupid voters.  You take it personally, when I say Trump is a scumbag, because you think I am calling you a scumbag.  I don't think you are a scumbag, because you ignorantly love Trump. I just think you stupidly accept failure.

I don't insult you because of you.  I don't consider you worth comment.  You're just a mindless thrall to me.

I hope that allays your concerns @Emjay

Thank you for the gracious words.  I shall take 'mindless thrall' as the compliment I'm sure you intended.

Nice job in double-speak.

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 03:43:08 am »
Veep choices can help but they can't win.  McCain tried to get the conservative vote by choosing Sarah Palin.  He is not president and never will be.

Not so sure about ... any of the DEMS candidates could run with Bammy as their VP ... I think it would certainly the DEM candidate their win.

After all, Bammy has proclaimed that he would have won a third term.