Author Topic: Brazil Says Deforestation In The Amazon Is At Its Worst Level In A Decade  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Brazil Says Deforestation In The Amazon Is At Its Worst Level In A Decade
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 04:49:23 pm »
And nature never recovers, right? You realize that the heavily forested area around Lake Tahoe was almost completely decimated by logging for the the gold and silver mines and recovered in less than a hundred years, the devastation to forests caused by the eruption of Mount St. Helens is well on the way to recovery? Man can try, but in reality for all his trying he amounts to no more of a nuisance to the Earth than a pimple on Gaia's ass. If only we were great stewards like the American Indian, stampedeing herds of Buffalo over cliffs for easier hunting or setting fire to plains, there was a reason why the Indians were nomads.

The Amazon is not going to recover if it's turned into a bunch of farmland.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2018, 04:52:46 pm »

You ever not mowed your yard for 2 weeks during the rainy season?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 05:07:43 pm »
And nature never recovers, right? You realize that the heavily forested area around Lake Tahoe was almost completely decimated by logging for the the gold and silver mines and recovered in less than a hundred years, the devastation to forests caused by the eruption of Mount St. Helens is well on the way to recovery? Man can try, but in reality for all his trying he amounts to no more of a nuisance to the Earth than a pimple on Gaia's ass. If only we were great stewards like the American Indian, stampedeing herds of Buffalo over cliffs for easier hunting or setting fire to plains, there was a reason why the Indians were nomads.

Back in 1988, Yellowstone had those devastating fires. After the fires were out, scientist said that nature will probably never truly recover itself in Yellowstone. Nature disagreed

I don’t think anyone is advocating that we should just destroy the earth with no regard whatsoever for conservation. At least anyone here. But how do you balance nature with the needs of humans? It’s easy from a distance to tell people how they should conduct their lifestyles. But if the two priests of anthropogenic climate change, Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio,  don’t want to give up their hi resource using carbon lifestyles, why do you expect the average person to?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2018, 08:26:41 pm »
The Amazon will never be completely farmed, already the bio-fuel insanity is turning, and farmland can always revert to rain forest, unless of course some nukes it. No even then, it will just take longer. Gaia worshipers never, ever comprehend that the Earth is more than capable of dealing with man's stupidity.

My biggest fear is that the idiots that believe in man made global warming will do something insanely stupid, something they are really good at, that will exasperate the effects of the grand solar minimum we are entering.

I should be surprised but I'm not at the "Oh my God the world is doomed" stories that are foisted on a gullible public, and this is just another one in the cycle, remember all the dying polar bears due to man made global warming? No one does because that like this is just Gaia worshiping Bolshevik! The Brazilian government released the report on the deforestation of the Amazon, who controls the Amazon? The Brazilian government! So let them take control, but I'll bet you that the underlying motive in all this is to get the frightened greens to donate more and more dollars to save the Amazon.

Here is an article from 2015 about how the Brazilian government is saving the rain forest https://howtoconserve.org/2015/09/04/saving-the-amazon/

but now three years later an article about the forest being decimated? apparently Brazil sucks!