Author Topic: In historic move, Sen. Rand Paul places hold on $38 billion to Israel  (Read 5041 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: In historic move, Sen. Rand Paul places hold on $38 billion to Israel
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 08:41:10 pm »
Israel has supported America and allies in every conflict they have been engaged, just not openly. They give their support both in covert ops and intelligence. It is ridiculous to say that America does not benefit from its relationship with Israel. Technology and intelligence being the primary contribution.

Israeli Intelligence has been top-notch, and we've been at our worst when we ignore it, as we did during Obastard's Reign of Terror.  I would not be surprised if we suffered so many troop losses in Afghanistan because of that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 09:00:40 pm »
3.8 billion a year? I mean, I know the federal budget is about 1000 times that, but considering how many slices there are in that pie, that's a pretty huge chunk to be going to a single entity.

I'm going to side with Sen. Paul on this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 09:10:57 pm »
They weren't even participants in Operation Enduring Freedom. The benefits of this relationship seem pretty one-sided. We should cease international charity until after we've fixed our own financial issues.

You don't know that.  Again your lack of knowledge and cut and paste "facts" about Israel are showing through.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 09:13:06 pm »
You don't know that.  Again your lack of knowledge and cut and paste "facts" about Israel are showing through.

Are you suggesting that Israel gave troop aid for Operation Enduring Freedom? I find the notion that everybody would have abandoned us for accepting Israel's aid kind of suspect.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »
Are you suggesting that Israel gave troop aid for Operation Enduring Freedom? I find the notion that everybody would have abandoned us for accepting Israel's aid kind of suspect.

Quit being so myopic about what constitutes support or aid in combat and in combat operations.

There is more to winning a war and having the upper hand than just tanks and artillery.

The entire coalition from the first Gulf War would have fallen apart had we let Israel into the mix. 

And they tried too.  After the first Scud missiles fell in Tel Aviv...the Israeli Air Force launched F-16 for a counter strike...the U.S. refused to give them the IFF squawk codes that would have prevented them from getting shot down.

Why?  Because the Arab nations who were ready to go to war to liberate Kuwait would have packed up their gear and left and prepared to instead fight Israel.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2018, 09:20:22 pm »
3.8 billion a year? I mean, I know the federal budget is about 1000 times that, but considering how many slices there are in that pie, that's a pretty huge chunk to be going to a single entity.

I'm going to side with Sen. Paul on this.

How about we quit giving billions to Pakistan and The Palestinian Authority first?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2018, 09:21:23 pm »
How about we quit giving billions to Pakistan and The Palestinian Authority first?

How about we quit giving it to all of them all at once?
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2018, 09:39:21 pm »

So we just give a big middle finger to one of our longest most trusted allies?

You are very very irrational when it comes to Israel for no real apparent reason.

If you're worried about the amount of money we dole out to foreign countries and as you claim get nothing back for...there are other places to start besides the Jewish homeland.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2018, 09:43:19 pm »
You are very very irrational when it comes to Israel for no real apparent reason.

I think you are the one with bias when it comes to Israel. To me it's just one more source of wasted money, nothing personal, and I don't think that makes me antisemitic, which seems to be where you're trying to go with this. At a time when we're 21 trillion in debt and can't even afford to help Americans we should be ending all international aid.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:44:26 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2018, 09:46:11 pm »

$50 Billion in foreign aid vs $350 Billion in welfare payments.  I know which I would rather see cut.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2018, 09:51:05 pm »
I think you are the one with bias when it comes to Israel. To me it's just one more source of wasted money, nothing personal, and I don't think that makes me antisemitic, which seems to be where you're trying to go with this. At a time when we're 21 trillion in debt and can't even afford to help Americans we should be ending all international aid.

I tend to be biased toward countries that consistently help us when we need them.  Screw the countries that consistently stand against us, nothing for them.  TRG is correct when he says Israel has been helping us a lot recently.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2018, 09:53:06 pm »
Israeli Intelligence has been top-notch, and we've been at our worst when we ignore it, as we did during Obastard's Reign of Terror.  I would not be surprised if we suffered so many troop losses in Afghanistan because of that.
My understanding is that Israel stopped supplying intelligence to Obama, because anything they told him he immediately gave to the enemy, along with sources and methods. So they just stopped. Giving Intel to Obama was the same as giving it to Iran.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2018, 09:59:19 pm »
Yeah, okay.  :laugh:

I guess you don’t recall them wanting to join in the SCUD hunt when Saddam started raining missiles down on them in Gulf War I, but were discouraged for the sake of the coalition. Also, they’ve been instrumental in the battle against nuclear proliferation in the Middle East by assassinating Iranian scientists, raiding storage facilities, and taking out reactors with Operations Opera and Orchard. They’ve done a lot of heavy lifting and saved us a lot of trouble over the years. That’s been well worth the aid provided. That’s especially true, since the existential threat they face from an Iranian nuke is due to the inept, Clinton authorized, Operation Merlin.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:05:04 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2018, 09:59:55 pm »
My understanding is that Israel stopped supplying intelligence to Obama, because anything they told him he immediately gave to the enemy, along with sources and methods. So they just stopped. Giving Intel to Obama was the same as giving it to Iran.

I'm pretty sure of that too. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2018, 10:01:37 pm »
I think you are the one with bias when it comes to Israel.

No I just understand things that you are either unwilling or incapable of comprehending more than just "cut aid now".

To me it's just one more source of wasted money, nothing personal, and I don't think that makes me antisemitic, which seems to be where you're trying to go with this.

hate to disappoint you but that's not where I was going.  You're more in the crowd that wasn't taught a whole lot of real history in school and the things you say on here about geopolitics...our allies et al reflects that lack of historical perspective that far too many of your generation seem all to willing to accept.

At a time when we're 21 trillion in debt and can't even afford to help Americans we should be ending all international aid.

There are other places where there is real wasteful spending that can be cut before we start cutting off allies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2018, 10:02:39 pm »

I guess you don’t recall them wanting to join in the SCUD hunt when Saddam started raining missiles down on them in Gulf War I or how they’ve been instrumental in the battle against nuclear proliferation in the Middle East by assassinating Iranian scientists, raiding storage facilities, and taking out reactors with Operations Opera and Orchard.

I remember that well, in addition to using a computer virus to poke a stick in Iran's bicycle wheel of nuclear weapons development.  That was helpful.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2018, 10:04:21 pm »
NOPE.

Israel has the best spooks on the planet.
Israel has advanced weapons labs that are world class and then some.

JUST the active defense shield for tanks that they came up with is worth way more than 38B over 10 years.

And the Christians won't stand for it anyway.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2018, 10:05:10 pm »
There are other places where there is real wasteful spending that can be cut before we start cutting off allies.

Yeah, like foreign aid to countries who oppose us.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2018, 10:06:52 pm »
NOPE.

Israel has the best spooks on the planet.
Israel has advanced weapons labs that are world class and then some.

JUST the active defense shield for tanks that they came up with is worth way more than 38B over 10 years.

And the Christians won't stand for it anyway.

Paul's off his rocker on this one.  Sometimes Pop's worst ideas shines though the son.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2018, 10:09:43 pm »
Paul's off his rocker on this one.  Sometimes Pop's worst ideas shines though the son.

People who believe we made gains in the Senate this year forget Paul, Romney, Collins, and Murkowski are on ‘our side.’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2018, 10:12:36 pm »

People who believe we made gains in the Senate this year forget Paul, Romney, Collins, and Murkowski are on ‘our side.’

Romney said, after the election of course, that he would be siding with Collins and Murkowski.  Paul isn't quite that bad yet.   :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2018, 10:43:27 pm »

That's right... If you want to cut aid to Israel, cut aid to their enemies first, and give em 10 years to get set..

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2018, 11:05:56 pm »
That's right... If you want to cut aid to Israel, cut aid to their enemies first, and give em 10 years to get set..

That would be "unfair" and Raciss to boot.   *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2018, 11:18:31 pm »
That would be "unfair" and Raciss to boot.   *****rollingeyes*****

I'd be happy with any aid being cut, but that won't happen under either side of our one party. The rest of the world can kiss my ass. Let's fight for and secure a better situation for America and Americans. I am so tired of us letting everybody walk on us while they do nothing but run their damn mouths about how bad we are. Screw the U.N and screw the people we protect with our money and our blood. When do WE cash in on these arrangements? No more. We can do literally whatever the hell we want and nobody can stop us. I don't want war with other nations, but maybe we can start pushing back and really use our weight to manipulate other countries into doing what we want.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:43:24 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2018, 11:26:44 pm »
I'd be happy with any aid being cut, but that won't happen under either side of our one party. The rest of the world can kiss my ass. Let's fight for and secure a better situation for America and Americans. I am so tired of us letting everybody walk on us while they do nothing but ran their damn mouths about how bad we are. Screw the U.N and screw the people we protect with our money and our blood. When do WE cash in on these arrangements? No more. We can do literally whatever the hell we want and nobody can stop us. I don't want war with other nations, but maybe we can start pushing back and really use our weight to manipulate other countries into doing what we want.

Pretty much agree. Except England, and her daughters, and Israel.