Author Topic: Report claims CIA has ‘smoking gun phone call’ linking Saudi crown prince to Jamal Khashoggi killing  (Read 341 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Turk paper, Hurriyet says this, so one can find their English-language website easily.
Report claims CIA has ‘smoking gun phone call’ linking Saudi crown prince to Jamal Khashoggi killing; Trump still stands by Saudis
Kim Hjelmgaard, USA TODAY
Published 8:06 a.m. ET Nov. 22, 2018 | Updated 2:04 p.m. ET Nov. 22, 2018

President Donald Trump defended his decision not to punish Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman or cut arms sales to Saudi Arabia for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. insisting it would be "foolish" to cut ties. (Nov. 20) AP

A Turkish newspaper claimed Thursday that the Central Intelligence Agency has heard a "smoking gun phone call" of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman with an alleged instruction to "silence Jamal Khashoggi as soon as possible."

The allegation was published in Turkey's Hürriyet Daily News, a well-established newspaper. The claim could not be independently verified by USA TODAY. The CIA could not be reached for comment. It rarely reacts to reports about its activities.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/22/cia-saudi-crown-prince-jamal-khashoggi-killing-report/2085273002/

Offline Frank Cannon

The CIA could have a 4K quality multi camera video of the Prince cutting this guys head off and I still wouldn't care. A Saudi Citizen was executed by the Saudis. Who cares.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You got that right, Frank.

It was "family business".

It "got settled" in a family way (a la the Cosa Nostra, from which the Saudis don't differ a heck of a lot...)

Offline berdie

I agree with both of you @Frank Cannon and @Fishrrman .

Unless there is something I am missing, what business is this of ours?

If there were mass anialation, I could get it. Because of one person...not an American at that, ???

The Saudi's have done much worse in the past.

But why destabilize the region?