Author Topic: Harvard University Study Reveals Astonishing Link Between Firearms, Crime and Gun Control  (Read 1248 times)

Offline roamer_1

Harvard University Study Reveals Astonishing Link Between Firearms, Crime and Gun Control

According to a study in the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, which cites the Centers for Disease Control, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and the United Nations International Study on Firearms Regulation, the more guns a nation has, the less criminal activity.

In other words, more firearms, less crime, concludes the virtually unpublicized research report by attorney Don B. Kates and Dr. Gary Mauser. But the key is firearms in the hands of private citizens.

“The study was overlooked when it first came out in 2007,” writes Michael Snyder, “but it was recently re-discovered and while the findings may not surprise some, the place where the study was undertaken is a bit surprising. The study came from the Harvard Journal of Law, that bastion of extreme, Ivy League liberalism. Titled Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide?, the report “found some surprising things.”

https://www.beliefnet.com/news/articles/harvard-university-study-reveals-astonishing-link.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3-k8aJlOCwdfIHGu-9mMfvHp1wmOwhy4LLFNkMDeFHn_biRGgncRs_d7I#qu3zXyDWLl2u0jpo.01
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:40:02 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I know that no-one will be surprised. I just did a search and there is not one of the major news groups that picked this up.

Offline roamer_1

I know that no-one will be surprised. I just did a search and there is not one of the major news groups that picked this up.

That is why I posted it... Normally, no date and no author would keep me from doing so, but this 3-page report has some very interesting statistics buried within it.

I guess a guy will have to chase down the original Harvard report, But I am pretty sure it is being used by Shapiro and by Crowder... I have heard these stats quoted by both...

The 'little known gun facts' toward the back of the article are a stunning indictment of normal liberal talking points.

Offline goatprairie

Excuse me, but Prof. John Lott has been writing about this for about twenty years it seems.
Moreover, when will libs get wise to the fact that mass killers seek out places where they nobody has a firearm.
I remember back in the early nineties when some nut shot up a Luby's restaurant in Texas killing a lot of people.
One woman who survived by hiding under a table said she had a gun in her car which she was forbidden to take into the restaurant.  She said while under the table she was close to the gunman and could have easily shot him shortly after he started shooting.
Texas now has concealed carry. Both my older brother and his son have cc permits. Hopefully, more states will allow for cc.

Online mountaineer

Not surprised by the findings at all. Also not surprised the major news media aren't not reporting on said findings.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline endicom

Not surprised by the findings at all. Also not surprised the major news media aren't not reporting on said findings.  *****rollingeyes*****

It's not new:

July 16, 2008
United Nations Biennial Meeting of States to Review Progress Made in the Implementation of the Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects

16 July 2008

By Gary Mauser
National Firearms Association of Canada – NFA

Mr President, distinguished delegates,

I am Gary Mauser, Professor Emeritus, of Simon Fraser University in Canada. I represent the National Firearms Association. For over 20 years, my academic research at SFU has involved studying firearms and crime. A study I did with constitutional lawyer and criminologist Don B. Kates has been recently published in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. I will briefly report on our findings.

http://garymauser.net/papers.html

Offline Applewood

Gee, I wonder why.  Could it be because the study is counter to the prevailing narrative that gun control and the confiscation of firearms from private citizens is necessary to prevent crime?

It's much like global warming/climate change.  Anything counter to the propaganda talking points will be buried or ignored.  Can't have the average rube even consider the possibility that climate change is phony because that would ruin the con game being perpetrated on the people.

Offline endicom

"I would be remiss not to mention Kates’ and Mauser’s study was published by the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (spring of 2007)."

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/12/eric-englund/benefits-privately-owned-firearms/

Offline the_doc

Excuse me, but Prof. John Lott has been writing about this for about twenty years it seems.
Lott was and still is phenomenal.   No one has done as much study on this stuff as he has.

I remember back in the early nineties when some nut shot up a Luby's restaurant in Texas killing a lot of people.
One woman who survived by hiding under a table said she had a gun in her car which she was forbidden to take into the restaurant.  She said while under the table she was close to the gunman and could have easily shot him shortly after he started shooting.
I believe the lady was a chiropractor named Suzanna Gratia-Hupp.  If I recall correctly, she lost her parents in the shooting.  She went on to become an important radio talk show personality in the nationwide battles over CCW.  She was very smart and very eloquent.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 01:14:12 am by the_doc »

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Meanwhile the Libs want to do searches of our social media history before allowing people to buy a gun.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!