Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Thanksgiving Turkey

(1/7) > >>

libertybele:
The CDC can't seem to determine the source of the salmonella affecting turkeys.  They've no that some 90,000 lbs of frozen Jennie-O-Turkey is tainted, but it is affecting live turkeys as well and they don't know how widespread it is.  What is worrisome is that this strain of salmonella is multi antibiotic resistant.

Nope, not taking any chances.  Cooking prime rib and having all the Thanksgiving trimmings and desserts along with it.

roamer_1:
Mine are wild, so...  :shrug:

RoosGirl:
Doesn't everyone work on the assumption that all of the fowl products are contaminated with salmonella?  Isn't that why we cook them to at least 160*F?

Anyway, we haven't made turkey for Thanksgiving in years.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: RoosGirl on November 22, 2018, 12:22:40 am ---Doesn't everyone work on the assumption that all of the fowl products are contaminated with salmonella?  Isn't that why we cook them to at least 160*F?

Anyway, we haven't made turkey for Thanksgiving in years.

--- End quote ---

Smoke em if you've got em... That'll fix it. And it turns everything into candy. Sooo mobedda.

mystery-ak:
I make turkey several times a year..been doing this for almost 50 years and no one has ever been sick...I am very careful handling and cleaning all utensils and use a thermometer to check the turkey...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version