Author Topic: Rob Woodall Wins by 433 Votes in Georgia’s 7th District  (Read 336 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rob Woodall Wins by 433 Votes in Georgia’s 7th District
« on: November 22, 2018, 12:27:47 am »
Rob Woodall Wins by 433 Votes in Georgia’s 7th District
Rollcall, Nov 21, 2018, Simone Pathé

Georgia Republican Rep. Rob Woodall barely survived his re-election against Democrat Carolyn Bourdeaux, prevailing in a recount two weeks after Election Day.

Woodall led Bourdeaux by just 419 votes after the first count, which was a slim enough margin for the challenger to request a recount. The four-term congressman’s margin grew to 433 votes after Wednesday’s recount, and Bourdeaux conceded in the afternoon, shortly before The Associated Press called the race.

Woodall was significantly outraised and got a late start to his campaign, airing his first-ever TV ad the week before Election Day. Republicans fretted that he wasn’t taking his race seriously enough.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/rob-woodall-wins-by-433-votes-in-georgias-7th-district

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Rob Woodall Wins by 433 Votes in Georgia’s 7th District
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 12:29:12 am »
Well, one more for our side .... and a wake up call for Republicans in the district.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rob Woodall Wins by 433 Votes in Georgia’s 7th District
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:51:50 am »
Well, one more for our side .... and a wake up call for Republicans in the district.

Yes!  Every state with a Republican government needs to spent the next two years getting their voter roles cleaned up and the voter registration process made air tight!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien