Author Topic: Black Voters Propelled Blue Wave, Study Finds  (Read 1364 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black Voters Propelled Blue Wave, Study Finds
« on: November 20, 2018, 06:35:00 pm »
Black Voters Propelled Blue Wave, Study Finds
African-Americans increasingly associate GOP with Trump, racist rhetoric
Posted Nov 19, 2018 3:07 PM
Stephanie Akin
@stephanieakin

Democratic wins in the 2018 midterms were driven largely by African American voters — particularly black women — who increasingly associate the GOP with President Trump’s perceived hostility toward people of color and immigrants, according to an analysis released Monday.

The report by the NAACP, the racial justice nonprofit Advancement Project, and the political action group African American Research Collaborative found that across competitive elections 90 percent of black voters supported Democratic House candidates, compared to 53 percent of voters overall. It also found 91 percent of black women, 86 percent of black men and 50 percent of white voters believe Trump and the GOP are using toxic rhetoric to divide the nation.

“This poll dispels the myth of black voter apathy,” said Judith Browne Dianis, Advancement Project executive director. “Clearly black voters are not only engaged, but they are central to the resistance against Trumpism.”

Get-out-the-vote campaigns organized by the NAACP, the Advancement Project and other groups drove record numbers of black voters to the polls, said Jamal Watkins, NAACP vice president of engagement. Nearly twice as many African-Americans voted Nov. 6 as in the 2014 midterm cycle, a turnout on par with the 2016 presidential election, Watkins said.

He credited those voters with driving a banner year for black congressional candidates and other groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in Congress.

more
http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/the-blue-wave-was-propelled-by-black-voters-survey-finds
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mirraflake

Re: Black Voters Propelled Blue Wave, Study Finds
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 06:48:13 pm »
I never believed the BS 35-40% of blacks would vote for Republicans.  97% of blacks in GA voted for Abrams..

The tribe be strong..

You watch the country is going to go back to segregration. Blacks themselves are pushing for it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 06:51:29 pm »
I never believed the BS 35-40% of blacks would vote for Republicans.  97% of blacks in GA voted for Abrams..

The tribe be strong..

You watch the country is going to go back to segregration. Blacks themselves are pushing for it.

It be @mirraflake   And it will take a while for Blacks to wake up because a lot of them DO have a tribe mentality.  But I think Trump is making inroads and there is a small but significant movement in the Black community.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »
If true, this is bad news for the Mississippi Senate runoff. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 07:32:52 pm »
If true, this is bad news for the Mississippi Senate runoff.

@Jazzhead

That’s the short-term problem

The GOP is going to have to find a way to re-calibrate their messaging post Trump presidency towards minorities

How to do that it’s gonna be the difficult part
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:55:10 pm »
@Jazzhead

That’s the short-term problem

The GOP is going to have to find a way to re-calibrate their messaging post Trump presidency towards minorities

How to do that it’s gonna be the difficult part

Trump's message - emphasizing jobs for the working class - has real potential to peel off black voters, just as it already has union and other blue collar voters that the Dems have taken for granted.   The problem, as I've been saying for some time now,  is that Trump is the wrong messenger.  Some folks on this board appear tone-deaf, IMO, to the damage that Trump's bullying and insensitive rhetoric has on the GOP's ability to garner swing voters. 

Trump's conservative/populist message funneled through a voice more "Presidential" and acceptable to independents can, I think, be a winning combination.   Trump's instincts are sound, but Trump the self-centered personality has always been his own worst enemy.   I say thank him,  but let's find a new Presidential nominee for 2020.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:56:45 pm by Jazzhead »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 02:15:24 am »
LMAO wrote:
"The GOP is going to have to find a way to re-calibrate their messaging post Trump presidency towards minorities
How to do that it’s gonna be the difficult part"

Fishrrman's credo (if you've never read it before):
Reality is what it is. It's not what we believe it to be.

re "the difficult part":
It's not going to be "difficult".
Because...
... it's impossible.

Start from there, and work towards the future...

Online GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 04:00:50 pm »
Black Voters Propelled Blue Wave, Study Finds.......

....with beenie propellers, along with the rest of the left wingnuts.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 04:50:55 pm »
    Losing the House, 7 Governorships and numerous State Legislatures gaining 1~2 seats in the Senate IS NOT WINNING and further proves that the Trump Administration has made no inroads into the general apathy of the voter, particularly in the GOP, rallies aside.
    2 years left to make that connection and if the last 2 years is any indication, Trump can't do it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 05:01:01 pm »
    Losing the House, 7 Governorships and numerous State Legislatures gaining 1~2 seats in the Senate IS NOT WINNING and further proves that the Trump Administration has made no inroads into the general apathy of the voter, particularly in the GOP, rallies aside.
    2 years left to make that connection and if the last 2 years is any indication, Trump can't do it.

Apathy in the GOP? It was one of the largest turn outs in a midterm election and a lot of the races were razor thin. A lot of the elections that were won by the GOP on election night only to be magically lost in the coming weeks. There is no GOP apathy. There is a fine tuned Rat fraud machine that the GOP refuses to deal with. Add in some shady court redistrictings and you have total bullshit.

BTW this "Study" is manufactured bullshit from an organization looking to fill it's wallets by telling everyone they are relevant. There is no way they can come up with these numbers unless they have access to how people voted.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 05:09:29 pm »
Apathy in the GOP? It was one of the largest turn outs in a midterm election and a lot of the races were razor thin. A lot of the elections that were won by the GOP on election night only to be magically lost in the coming weeks. There is no GOP apathy. There is a fine tuned Rat fraud machine that the GOP refuses to deal with. Add in some shady court redistrictings and you have total bullshit.

BTW this "Study" is manufactured bullshit from an organization looking to fill it's wallets by telling everyone they are relevant. There is no way they can come up with these numbers unless they have access to how people voted.

AND BTW @Frank Cannon all those BS studies done a couple of months ago talking up all the Blacks the GOP peeled away from the dems were BS also, but you knew that, didn't you?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 07:01:59 pm »

No, Trump can't do it, not if he is going to insist (with the Dems' enthusiastic concurrence) that the elections be all about him.

There was an interesting exit poll result reported in today's WSJ.  It turns out that 18% of Florida's black female voters went for DeSantis for governor over Gillum.   That's exactly double the percentage of black female voters who went for Senate candidate Rick Scott.    Not all black voters vote in lockstep.    Black female voters interested in issues like school choice, it appears, went for DeSantis over a rival black candidate who offered nothing but more sucking up to teachers' unions. 

Online dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 07:54:50 pm »
No, Trump can't do it, not if he is going to insist (with the Dems' enthusiastic concurrence) that the elections be all about him.

There was an interesting exit poll result reported in today's WSJ.  It turns out that 18% of Florida's black female voters went for DeSantis for governor over Gillum.   That's exactly double the percentage of black female voters who went for Senate candidate Rick Scott.    Not all black voters vote in lockstep.    Black female voters interested in issues like school choice, it appears, went for DeSantis over a rival black candidate who offered nothing but more sucking up to teachers' unions.

Trump's problem is white women.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »

Trump's conservative/populist message funneled through a voice more "Presidential" and acceptable to independents can, I think, be a winning combination.

Without Trump there is no GOP.

Online GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 08:38:04 pm »

I am not 100% certain how to take that statement....

:cool:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 08:46:40 pm »
Most of that 'Blue Wave' was after election night with provisional and 'found' ballots with shady provenance, not to mention narrow wins with Dems running moderate and lying through their teeth.

And even with that, it was still just a mediocre performance compared to historical flips, and they only got the House while they lost ground in the Senate.

Not exactly total victory.
The Republic is lost.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 09:06:33 pm »
The report by the NAACP, the racial justice nonprofit Advancement Project, and the political action group African American Research Collaborative
In other words, three organizations devoted to maintaining identity politics as a left-wing cause celebre gin up a phony "study" to support their hucksterism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 09:31:00 pm »
Actually, it is supposedly educated women as 2/3 of them voted against the GOP

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,339953.msg1843892.html#msg1843892
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 09:36:39 pm »
Trump's message - emphasizing jobs for the working class - has real potential to peel off black voters, just as it already has union and other blue collar voters that the Dems have taken for granted.   The problem, as I've been saying for some time now,  is that Trump is the wrong messenger.  Some folks on this board appear tone-deaf, IMO, to the damage that Trump's bullying and insensitive rhetoric has on the GOP's ability to garner swing voters. 

Trump's conservative/populist message funneled through a voice more "Presidential" and acceptable to independents can, I think, be a winning combination.   Trump's instincts are sound, but Trump the self-centered personality has always been his own worst enemy.   I say thank him,  but let's find a new Presidential nominee for 2020.   

The "Nice guy" BobDole/John MCain/Milt Romney approach could ALSO be predicted to fail in the hands on JebBush/Paull Ryan/Ben Sasse/Jeff Flake etc. eg. the fifteen dwarves on 2016.

You simply cannot separate the messenger, from the message. IOW nobody else had/has the eggs, to fight like Trump has done.

I believe if he runs, he will lose, BTW.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2018, 01:31:20 am »

Actually, he's had problems with Black Women too, @dfwgator

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 04:11:44 am »

More GOP excuses for failure.  Same ol pre-Trump song and dance.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 04:32:02 am »
More GOP excuses for failure.  Same ol pre-Trump song and dance.

Please explain to us, losses by Dole, McCain, Romney.

"Song and dance," to you?

In case you are missed something, the GOP has problems, predating and entirely separate from Trump.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 04:58:09 am »
In case you are missed something, the GOP has problems, predating and entirely separate from Trump.
That's what I said when I wrote pre-Trump.  My point is the excuses remain the same despite the promised Trump "winning."