Author Topic: Gasoline prices fall again ahead of Thanksgiving  (Read 828 times)

Offline thackney

Gasoline prices fall again ahead of Thanksgiving
« on: November 19, 2018, 04:22:06 pm »
Gasoline prices fall again ahead of Thanksgiving
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Gasoline-prices-fall-again-ahead-of-Thanksgiving-13404672.php
November 19, 2018

Gasoline prices in Houston fell another 7 cents a gallon over the past week, following the record run of declines in crude oil prices.

A gallon of gasoline in the Houston area averaged $2.30 a gallon on Saturday, down 28 cents from month ago, according to GasBuddy, which tracks gas prices across the country. Local prices are averaging about 10 cents a gallon higher than last years.

Nationally, gasoline averaged $2.62 a gallon, down about 6 cents over the week and 24 cents over the month, GasBuddy said. The national average for a gallon of gas is up about 8 cents from a year ago....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: Gasoline prices fall again ahead of Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 04:23:16 pm »

Offline thackney

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:27:30 pm by thackney »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 05:59:04 pm »
Not in PA.  Thanks to our tax and spend Republican-controlled legislature, we have the highest state gas tax in the nation, which drives the cost of a gallon of gas well above the national average.  In fact, the local news said our gas prices are actually higher than they were at the same time last year.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:26:50 pm by Applewood »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »
The wife and I were in northern California in September. I see the gas prices today are the same as when we were there...close to four dollars a gallon.
We filled the tank in Oregon before we entered California.  Unfortunately, we still had to put gas in the tank before we left Lotus Land.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 09:24:47 pm »
Not in PA.  Thanks to our tax and spend Republican-controlled legislators, we have the highest state gas tax in the nation, which drives the cost of a gallon of gas well above the national average.  In fact, the local news said our gas prices are actually higher than they were at the same time last year.
I go to Bradford every now and then (that's where the nearest Walmart is), and it initially shocked me to see that their gas prices are, amazingly, even higher than New York's!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 11:13:27 pm »
I go to Bradford every now and then (that's where the nearest Walmart is), and it initially shocked me to see that their gas prices are, amazingly, even higher than New York's!

I'll bet though that Bradford's gas prices are lower than anywhere near a major Pennsylvania city like Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.  A few years ago, a friend and I took a road trip from Pittsburgh to Hershey.  At the time, gas prices in Pittsburgh and the closer suburbs averaged around $3.60 or so a gallon.  In and around Hershey though, the price was around 40 to 50 cents a gallon less. 

I just checked Gas Buddy for Pittsburgh and environs -- $2.85 a gallon.