Author Topic: Bill Nelson concedes Florida Senate race to Rick Scott  (Read 757 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Bill Nelson concedes Florida Senate race to Rick Scott
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:33:37 pm »
Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson on Sunday conceded the Florida Senate race to Republican Gov. Rick Scott, ending his re-election bid after the completion of a statewide recount.

Scott announced the concession in a statement, saying, "I just spoke with Senator Bill Nelson, who graciously conceded, and I thanked him for his years of public service."

Nelson will make a statement at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, his campaign announced.

The concession brings to conclusion a key Senate race that continued to be fought well after Election Day.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/18/politics/bill-nelson-rick-scott-florida-recount-result/
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Bill Nelson concedes Florida Senate race to Rick Scott
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 10:29:55 pm »
Now Nelson will have time to tighten up that facelift.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 10:50:34 pm »
He's young. I'm sure he will be able to find another job real soon.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 10:54:54 pm »
Now he can go back to being the Crypt Keeper.
The Republic is lost.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 11:16:47 pm »
Bill Nelson takes shots at Donald Trump in concession to Rick Scott

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/18/bill-nelson-concedes-rick-scott-florida-senate-rac/

Following a protracted recount battle, three-term incumbent Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson conceded Sunday, acknowledging GOPGov. Rick Scott has been elected to replace him in January.

“Well, things worked out a little differently than Grace and I had hoped,” Mr. Nelson’s statement read. “But let me say, I by no measure feel defeated. And that’s because I have had the privilege of serving the people of Florida and our country for most of my life.”

As he left the political stage, Mr. Nelson, 76, also took a parting shot at President Trump.

“We have to move beyond a politics that aims not just to defeat but to destroy,” Mr. Nelson’s said. “Where truth is treated as disposable, where falsehoods abound, and the free press is assaulted as the ‘enemy of the people.’”

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 12:15:49 am »
The jack azz should be made to pay for the cost of the recount out of pocket!  He knew darn well he had lost and the whimpy, whiny, piece of **** tried to steal the election.  He now can join Hillary in her magic bag of despicable deplorables.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 12:23:30 am »
Bill Nelson takes shots at Donald Trump in concession to Rick Scott

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/18/bill-nelson-concedes-rick-scott-florida-senate-rac/

Following a protracted recount battle, three-term incumbent Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson conceded Sunday, acknowledging GOPGov. Rick Scott has been elected to replace him in January.

“Well, things worked out a little differently than Grace and I had hoped,” Mr. Nelson’s statement read. “But let me say, I by no measure feel defeated. And that’s because I have had the privilege of serving the people of Florida and our country for most of my life.”

As he left the political stage, Mr. Nelson, 76, also took a parting shot at President Trump.

“We have to move beyond a politics that aims not just to defeat but to destroy,” Mr. Nelson’s said. “Where truth is treated as disposable, where falsehoods abound, and the free press is assaulted as the ‘enemy of the people.’”

Well, he might have taken pot shots at President Trump, but Trump signed a bill into law so that the dumping of toxins from the sugar cane fields goes south of our waterways, and now with Nelson finally gone, perhaps FL will begin to heal and finally, maybe the increased red tide that we have experienced for the past decade and the blue green algae that has destroyed so much of our waterways will finally start to clear up.  This year has been exceptionally bad.  I've lived down here for 27 years and have NEVER seen it so bad. Good riddance Billy!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 12:32:03 am »

LOL. Hilarious. I love that this shriveled rotting cadaver is going out on an embarrassing low note. Even after corrupting the vote count he still couldn't manufacture a win.

The biggest insult to these Establishment hacks is being thrown out instead of retiring with pomp and circumstance. Now he will be forever know as a loser.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 05:29:59 pm »
Now he can go back to being the Crypt Keeper.

@Free Vulcan  888high58888

HEY! I'd give him a dollar to hear him laugh. That laugh cracks me up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 06:20:29 pm »
Not a fan of Nelson, but I couldn't help noticing the vast difference in conceding defeat between Nelson and that Abrams woman in Georgia.  Nelson showed grace and class.  Abrams, on the other hand, displayed nothing but sour grapes. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 09:21:28 pm »
Not a fan of Nelson, but I couldn't help noticing the vast difference in conceding defeat between Nelson and that Abrams woman in Georgia.  Nelson showed grace and class.  Abrams, on the other hand, displayed nothing but sour grapes.

@Applewood

Nelson is white,and most likely grew up in the "real world".

Abrams is black,and grew up in the "yes,you CAN,and don't even let anybody hold you down!" "Black World" where nobody is ever allowed to fail,or to hear the word "no" uttered at them. The whole idea of losing is contrary to everything she has been taught and told her entire life.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:22:02 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!