Author Topic: Study on economic impact of border wall finds high costs and few benefits to US (Dartmouth College)  (Read 351 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Study on economic impact of border wall finds high costs and few benefits to US
November 19, 2018, Dartmouth College

Read more at: A new Dartmouth-Stanford study examining the economic impact of a border wall expansion between the U.S. and Mexico between 2007 to 2010 finds that the expansion minimally reduced unauthorized Mexican migration and was largely harmful to U.S. workers.

Despite construction costs of the wall of $2.3 billion or approximately $7 per person in the U.S., the study found that the border wall expansion harmed college educated U.S. workers by $4.35 per person and only benefited less educated U.S. workers by an average of 36 cents.

The study finds that in lieu of the border wall expansion, if the U.S. had simply reduced its trade costs with Mexico so that they were closer to domestic costs, all U.S. and Mexican workers would have substantially benefited.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-11-economic-impact-border-wall-high.html#jCp

Online libertybele

I declare B.S.!!!  The real study should have been on the negative economic impact that illegals, including refugees have on our country, including cost to keep criminals in our jails, the cost of feeding, clothing, and housing those who are on government assistance, etc.  I used to have a collection of research data from several different agencies and the cost to the state of CA also was astronomical - millions each year - that was just CA.  What about jobs lost? 

What about the impact on our schools, hospitals, roads, etc.  Perhaps most importantly what about the costs to U.S. citizens who have fallen victim to the crimes of illegals?? Murders, rapes, burglaries, etc.,??? No price tag can be put on that!!

I am sorry, I'm not convinced that building a wall would be more expensive, nor have an long lasting benefit. Build the damn wall and quit making excuses!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dartmouth?
C'mon...

The border wall will exist as A BARRIER -- to prevent the movement of people from one side to other.
Properly constructed and policed, it will work exactly as intended.

Please see:
Berlin Wall
Israeli border barrier
etc.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.