Author Topic: Nonintervention: America’s Founding Foreign Policy  (Read 310 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nonintervention: America’s Founding Foreign Policy
« on: November 18, 2018, 08:19:40 pm »
Nonintervention: America’s Founding Foreign Policy
Jacob G. Hornberger
16-21 minutes

by November 7, 2018

On the Fourth of July, 1821, John Quincy Adams delivered one of the most remarkable speeches in U.S. history. Having gone down in history with the title “In Search of Monsters of Destroy,” Adams’s speech summarized the founding foreign policy of the United States.

Adams pointed out that there are lots of bad things that happen around the world. Brutal dictatorships. Tyranny. Civil wars. Revolutions. Wars between nations. Poverty. Famines.

Notwithstanding the death and destruction such “monsters” produced in foreign countries, however, the U.S. government would not go abroad to slay them. That was the founding foreign policy of the United States, a policy of nonintervention.

Read more at: https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/article/nonintervention-americas-founding-foreign-policy/

Worth considering, not saying this is gospel. I've had difference with that FFF organization but we need to balance this information out.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Nonintervention: America’s Founding Foreign Policy
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 08:40:10 pm »
There's nothing conservative about an 800 billion dollar a year military budget. Our police would be enough to overpower most of the things we consider threats to us. Also 1 in 4 Americans own a firearm. The Japanese knew.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." -Isoroku Yamamoto

We should be focusing inward. Why is it our job to protect the world from itself, and who thinks we even have the capability to do that?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates