Author Topic: Democrats may change rule to allow Muslim members of Congress to wear headscarves  (Read 785 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
https://thinkprogress.org/democrats-may-change-rule-to-allow-muslim-member-of-congress-wear-headscarf-55b40b652a3b/

Democrats in Congress are planning to update their rules to allow religious headwear in the chamber, a change that most immediately would benefit Representative-elect Ilhan Omar (D-MN), a Muslim woman who wears a headscarf.

The proposal is included in a number of rule changes Democrats plan to put in place when they take over the House next year. Hats, and with them, head coverings of any kind, have been banned in Congress for 181 years.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline goatprairie

Maybe they'll also allow them to fly the Palestinian flag in their offices or wrap themselves in the Pallie flag like the Muslim babe from Michigan who just got elected to the House of Reps did during her victory celebration.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought they were called, "Hijabs?"  Think Progress might be hiding things, which is why they aren't typically a go-to source for news for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I thought they were called, "Hijabs?"  Think Progress might be hiding things, which is why they aren't typically a go-to source for news for me.

It's definitely a left wing news source. You can still get decent information from them if you just keep that in mind.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

While they are at it the Rats should make this their official party hat....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's definitely a left wing news source. You can still get decent information from them if you just keep that in mind.

Agreed.  I still see stuff from Common Dreams from time to time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The camel's nose peeks a little further into the tent.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The one religion the Dems will bend over backwards to accommodate....Islam.    **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

Can’t be any worse than that cowboy hat worn by a Florida Rat Congresswoman. Give them all burkas for all I care.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Can’t be any worse than that cowboy hat worn by a Florida Rat Congresswoman. Give them all burkas for all I care.

She's actually in violation of House rules by wearing that stupid hat collection of her's too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She's actually in violation of House rules by wearing that stupid hat collection of her's too.

Frederica Wilson.  Yeah.

Goofball extraordinaire.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:54:11 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.