Author Topic: Lindsey Graham To Head Up Senate Judiciary  (Read 541 times)

rangerrebew

Lindsey Graham To Head Up Senate Judiciary
« on: November 17, 2018, 12:24:56 pm »
Lindsey Graham To Head Up Senate Judiciary

By Daily Caller | November 16, 2018 2:43PM

Molly Prince on November 16, 2018

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham is poised to chair the Senate Judiciary Committee following the announcement on Friday that Chairman Chuck Grassley will be heading the Senate Committee on Finance instead.

“I very much appreciate Senator Grassley’s leadership of the Senate Judiciary Committee,” Graham said in a statement. “He chaired the committee with a steady hand, sense of fundamental fairness, and resolve. His leadership serves as a model to us all.”

“Senator Grassley has much to be proud of during his time as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee,” the South Carolina senator continued. “His work, along with his Democrat and Republican colleagues, accomplished so much for the American people.”

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/lindsey-graham-judiciary/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_breaking_newsletter2_11_16_2018&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CILindsey
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:26:21 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Lindsey Graham To Head Up Senate Judiciary
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 02:22:09 pm »
Am I the only one hoping Lady Lindsey's sudden swing to the right  wasn't purely to set himself up for this position in a world where Trump is the President?

I can't help but remember all the Dims that suddenly switched over to the alleged Republican Party  due to Reagan's popularity making it hard for Dims to get elected,and the fools in charge of the Republican Party back then gave parties to celebrate the party swaps. None of them had the sense to understand switching parties is NOT the same thing as switching political POV's.

Time will tell the story of how conservative Lady Lindsey really is. Frankly,I don't don't trust her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:17:10 pm »
Am I the only one hoping Lady Lindsey's sudden swing to the right  wasn't purely to set himself up for this position in a world where Trump is the President?

I can't help but remember all the Dims that suddenly switched over to the alleged Republican Party  due to Reagan's popularity making it hard for Dims to get elected,and the fools in charge of the Republican Party back then gave parties to celebrate the party swaps. None of them had the sense to understand switching parties is NOT the same thing as switching political POV's.

Time will tell the story of how conservative Lady Lindsey really is. Frankly,I don't don't trust her.

No, your not the only one.  I don't trust him.  Only a year ago he was still talking amnesty.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 12:10:31 am »
No, your not the only one.  I don't trust him.  Only a year ago he was still talking amnesty.

@Chosen Daughter

And we are expected to accept this 180 degree sudden switch without explanation.

Sometimes I think the typical Republican voter is even more gullible than the typical Dim voter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 12:44:08 am »
sneakypete wrote:
"Am I the only one hoping Lady Lindsey's sudden swing to the right  wasn't purely to set himself up for this position in a world where Trump is the President?"

I was thinking the same thing, that his "newfound boldness" over the past couple of months was "all for show" in the name of advancing his position in the Senate.

We'll find out in the next 4-6 months, I reckon...