Author Topic: US warns Hungary and neighbours against Turkish Stream  (Read 481 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US warns Hungary and neighbours against Turkish Stream
« on: November 18, 2018, 02:18:43 am »
US warns Hungary and neighbours against Turkish Stream
By Georgi Gotev | EURACTIV.com with Reuters
 Nov 14, 2018 (updated:  Nov 14, 2018)

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban (L) chats with US Energy Secretary Rick Perry, during their meeting in Orban's office in the Parliament building in Budapest, Hungary, 13 November 2018. [Szilard Koszicsak/EPA/EFE]

The US has repeatedly taken position against Nord Stream 2, a Russia-sponsored pipeline planned to bring gas to Germany under the Baltic Sea. But this time Washington warned against another such pipeline, bringing Russian gas under the Black Sea.

US Energy Secretary Rick Perry called on Hungary and its neighbors to reject Russian gas pipelines which Washington says are being used to cement Moscow’s grip on central and eastern Europe.

Energy diversification would be crucial for the region, as Russia has used energy as a weapon in the past, he said, as quoted by Reuters.

“Russia is using a pipeline project Nord stream 2 and a multi-line Turkish stream to try to solidify its control over the security and the stability of Central and eastern Europe,” Perry added during a visit to Budapest.

Read more at: https://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/us-warns-hungary-and-neighbors-against-turkish-stream/

Basically, a pitch, SOE Perry has been at work telling these people not to buy Russian oil and gas.

I wish I knew his itinerary,  I posted the story of him going to Ukraine only a few days ago.

So, there he is with the Hungarian leader,  Orban, controversial in some ways, just as Trump, Bolsonaro and some others are so not in a bad way.   

Turkish stream? I don't know if I had heard that term.   Okay, got it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurkStream

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:21:52 am by TomSea »