Author Topic: A Former Judge Recounts Mass Executions in China  (Read 283 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A Former Judge Recounts Mass Executions in China
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:03:48 pm »
A Former Judge Recounts Mass Executions in China
Zhong Jinhua witnessed shootings, botched lethal injections, and organ harvesting
November 16, 2018 Updated: November 17, 2018 Share

Convicted drug pedlar Wang Xiongyin breaks down as she Is sentenced to death for selling 200 grams of heroin for 27,000 yuan back in 1999, in Guangzhou, 26 June 2003, as China marks the International Anti-Drugs Day. (STR/AFP/Getty Images)

In this narrative essay, Zhong Jinhua, a former judge and lawyer in Wenzhou, southeastern China, shares his harrowing experiences as a witness to mass executions, as well as organ harvesting from death row prisoners during his 14-year-long career. Zhong spent five years as a judge in criminal trials, where he “dealt with death row prisoners almost every day.” His writing has been edited for clarity.

Whether it be China, America, or anywhere else in the world, serving justice in court and donning a judge’s robes is an honor to which many law practitioners aspire, myself included. With hard work and some luck, I got a position at the Wenzhou Intermediate People’s Court after graduated from law school in July 1994. After serving as a legal clerk in the criminal division at a court of the first instance for over three years, I was appointed judge, a job I would hold for 14 years. In July 2008, I finally had enough and resigned to become a lawyer.

Throughout my 14 years in court, the nine years I spent in the criminal division were the most difficult to forget. I was the legal clerk for three years and then the criminal trial judge for another five years. I dealt with death row prisoners almost every day, and every month I had to witness a bloody execution on site. Here I want to lay bare the memories that haunt my brain, and hopefully, in doing so, banish the nightmare that has for years bedeviled my heart. 

At the beginning, when I saw death row prisoners bound, their identities verified, and their sentences carried out, I thought it was simply a matter of punishing the wicked and maintaining justice, which is, after all, a judge’s mission. But as time went on and the number of executions I saw increased, I witnessed some brutal and unimaginably horrifying scenes that shook me to the core. My views gradually shifted. It became increasingly difficult for me to handle it emotionally and I was wracked with nightmares.

Read more at:  https://www.theepochtimes.com/a-former-judge-recounts-mass-executions-in-modern-china_2717825.html

Their economy is much better than the days when this young lady in the picture was sentenced but even saying that, in the fentanyl trade of today, it's been said sometimes, the government looks the other way. A lot of fentanyl seems to come from China. Plenty of organized crime there, dealing with NK and so on.