Author Topic: CIA determines Khashoggi was killed at the instruction of Saudi crown prince  (Read 691 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CIA determines Khashoggi was killed at the instruction of Saudi crown prince
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | November 16, 2018 07:45 PM

Saudi Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi was killed per the instructions of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the CIA has determined.

Although the Saudi Arabian government has claimed that the crown prince was not involved in Khashoggi’s death and the crown prince has publicly said that Khashoggi’s death was a tragedy, the CIA has high confidence in its conclusion that the crown prince was responsible for ordering Khashoggi’s assassination, according to the Washington Post.

“The accepted position is that there is no way this happened without him being aware or involved,” said a U.S. official with knowledge of the CIA’s conclusions told the Post.

The official characterized the crown prince — commonly referred to as MBS — as a person who “goes from zero to 60, doesn’t seem to understand that there are some things you can’t do.”

Khashoggi, an outspoken critic of the crown prince and the Saudi government, disappeared on Oct. 2 after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to receive paperwork for his upcoming wedding to his Turkish fiancee.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cia-determines-khashoggi-was-killed-at-the-instruction-of-saudi-crown-prince
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bad news for the Saudi-US relationship.  No turning back, the Crown Prince is toast though denials preceded this over the last 24 hours.

Offline Frank Cannon

CIA telling me something? I'll pass.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Let’s see if Trump’s handpicked Director, Haspel, signs off.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Another unnamed source?  From the CIA?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline TomSea

By coincidence, these stories over the past 24 hours and posted in forum:

Saudi-led coalition halts Hodeidah assault as West presses for Yemen ceasefire: sources
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-security-idUSKCN1NK0PI

Saudi-led coalition recruited hundreds of Al-Qaeda militants in Yemen, paid others to leave
https://globalnews.ca/news/4373682/us-saudi-coalition-al-qaeda-deals-yemen/

Probably the first story was more crucial in this instance.

Offline TomSea

Al Arabiya (the Saudi press):
Khalid bin Salman on WashPo claims: I never suggested Turkey trip to Khashoggi

Prince Khalid called The Washington Post’s claim “a serious accusation that should not be left to anonymous sources,” (AP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English Saturday, 17 November 2018

The Saudi ambassador to the United States, Prince Khalid bin Salman, requested information from the US government to prove flase claims by The Washington Post stating that he had a phone call with Jamal Khashoggi before his death.

In a tweet on Friday, the ambassador reiterated what he had mentioned to the American daily newspaper about the last interaction he had with the late Saudi citizen, which was via text.

More: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gulf/2018/11/17/Khalid-bin-Salman-requests-information-from-US-on-recent-Khashoggi-phone-call-claims.html

Khalid, so someone in the family. I don't know how their hierarchy works, sounds like a brother.

Offline TomSea

Ragıp Soylu
‏Verified account @ragipsoylu
2h2 hours ago

US State Department says US government hasn’t made a final conclusion on the killing of #Khashoggi.

Basically denying the reports on the CIA assessment which found MBS responsible

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/

Offline edpc

Another unnamed source?  From the CIA?

Hardly shocking.  Ever heard of Jeffery Sterling?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
TomSea wrote:
"No turning back, the Crown Prince is toast..."

I don't think the crown prince is goin' anywhere, unless someone decides to "pull a Khasoggi" on him...

Offline RetBobbyMI

Hardly shocking.  Ever heard of Jeffery Sterling?
So with the State Department now basically denying it, I guess that means WashPo is guilty of trying to create an international incident. Not surprised by fake news.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:38:51 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline berdie

It seems odd to me that we care more about this man than we do (government that is) does about the Benghazi tragedy. This all must be political, imho.

Offline edpc

So with the State Department now basically denying it, I guess that means WashPo is guilty of trying to create an international incident. Not surprised by fake news.

SFW if they deny it.  The US denies creating Stuxnet, too.