Author Topic: The case for the government 'food pyramid' takes another blow  (Read 634 times)

Offline endicom

The case for the government 'food pyramid' takes another blow
« on: November 17, 2018, 02:04:15 am »
American Thinker
Monica Showalter
Nov. 16, 2018

Atkins vindicated again.

Poor Dr. Robert Atkins, the diabetes expert who discovered in the early 1970s that low carb diets help patients lose weight better than low fat diets, has always had the worst time being believed. He's been debunked, lied about, and treated as a pariah by the diet establishment, despite the obvious merits of his findings.

Study after study affirms them, researchers such as Gary Taubes confirm his claims, and similar low-carb regimens to the Atkins Diet, such as Keto, have large followings, but the high-carb government food pyramid and an entire diet industry built around those earlier postulations about low-fat diets carry on, pretending he doesn't exist.

Now a big and very rigorously tested study has come out from a couple of Harvard researchers, and well, is Dr. Atkins vindicated again.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/the_case_for_the_government_food_pyramid_takes_another_blow.html

Offline uglybiker

Re: The case for the government 'food pyramid' takes another blow
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:28:54 am »
I prefer this pyramid thankyewverymuch.

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 11:46:55 am »

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 02:18:09 pm »

First time I've seen Morse Code in shorthand.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 02:37:04 pm »
Not to mention the various grain lobbies that influenced the pyramid.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »
On Atkins I discovered the symptoms I had had for 12 years (almost daily cramps and explosive diarrhea) were due to wheat gluten intolerance (and not lactose intolerance, a prime suspect with my symptoms).

I eliminated all wheat (but included milk in my diet) and within a couple of days I knew that’s what it was ailing me. Thank God for Atkins.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 05:29:56 pm »
On Atkins I discovered the symptoms I had had for 12 years (almost daily cramps and explosive diarrhea) were due to wheat gluten intolerance (and not lactose intolerance, a prime suspect with my symptoms).

I eliminated all wheat (but included milk in my diet) and within a couple of days I knew that’s what it was ailing me. Thank God for Atkins.

I know several people who achieved wellness through low-carb or gluten-free diets, but their docs keep telling them they’re wrong. I guess that’s why docs “practice” medicine.
I stand with Roosgirl.