Author Topic: Trump says it's 'good time to do a shutdown'  (Read 534 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says it's 'good time to do a shutdown'
« on: November 17, 2018, 03:08:27 pm »
 By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Saturday, November 17, 2018

With Congress still not on board his border wall plans, President Trump said Saturday that it’s a “good time to do a shutdown,” suggesting he will refuse to accept any appropriations bills that don’t include the $5 billion he’s asking for.

He did say he doesn’t think one will happen because “Democrats will come to their senses” on the issue.

And he said he’s ready to keep the troops he deployed to the border as long as necessary.

“We’re talking about border wall, we’re talking about quite a big sum of money, about $5 billion,” he told reporters at the White House before jetting off to California to survey the effort to contain wildfires. “This would be a very good time to do a shutdown. I don’t think it’s going to be necessary, because I think the Democrats will come to their senses, and if they don’t come to their senses, we will continue to win elections.”

For most people in Washington a government shutdown is a sign of failure, but Mr. Trump views it as a weapon to be deployed, and at times has even seemed eager over the possibility.

He said before the election he was cooling shutdown talk because Republicans on Capitol Hill convinced him it was hurting them. But with the election over, he appears emboldened again.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/17/donald-trump-says-its-good-time-do-shutdown/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump says it's 'good time to do a shutdown'
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:00:54 pm »
I am holding him to it.  Unlike other spending this will actually pay for itself.  It is sad that it would take a government shut down to do it but so be it!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:22:49 pm »
Count me in.  I fully support a government shutdown.  And none of this giving government workers back pay either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 02:16:38 am »
The bad thing here is the Dims will insist the Border Patrol shut down operations,also.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 02:23:56 am »
Another fairy tale from the President.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 02:46:49 am »
It's about time, Donald.

Put up or shut up.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 04:19:59 am »
 :pop41:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates