Author Topic: Brothers Who Were Online Friends With Pittsburgh Shooting Suspect Had Ties to Violent Neo-Nazis  (Read 457 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Documenting Hate
Brothers Who Were Online Friends With Pittsburgh Shooting Suspect Had Ties to Violent Neo-Nazis
The authorities said they arrested a Washington, D.C., man who had hailed the suspect and might have known more about the attack. The man and his brother had talked of wanting to kill Jews and blacks, prosecutors said.

by A.C. Thompson, ProPublica, and Catherine Trautwein, Frontline Nov. 14, (2018)

The morning of the synagogue massacre in Pittsburgh last month, 23-year-old Edward Clark killed himself in a Washington, D.C., park.

Ever since, the authorities have been piecing together a disturbing portrait of Clark and his older brother, Jeffrey Clark, 30, who had been online friends with the suspect in the Pittsburgh attack. Online, Jeffrey Clark had called the massacre a “dry run for things to come.”

Now, there are new indications that the lives of the Clark brothers in Washington intersected with some of the most violent white supremacist groups in the country — including Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi organization that calls for racially motivated, lone-wolf terror attacks like Pittsburgh and whose members or associates have been charged in five murders in the last two years.

Read more at: https://www.propublica.org/article/brothers-online-friends-pittsburgh-shooting-suspect-had-ties-to-violent-neo-nazis

I might not have posted this story; but you know what's curious? One of the brothers (last name Clark) who may have known "online" that is, the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooter, killed himself in a DC park that Saturday morning apparently. I guess, they were from the DC area.  It's a sad story, so, I wasn't even sure if I should bring it up but it is a curious twist.  From ProPublica.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:12:59 am by TomSea »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"He knew someone who knew someone who knew someone who Trump might have vaguely defended! WE'VE GOT HIM NOW!!!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

I guess it's expected that Bowers had a number of online "friends" who shared his anti-Semitism and violent streak.  We've always had the KKK and numerous other anti-someone or something groups, but the internet/social media has multiplied them and connected them in ways we never thought possible years ago.  I thought the lynchings, bombings and such were dying down.  But it seems people are angrier now about the smallest thing, and when you get a number of angry people together in a room -- even a virtual one -- the anger increases.  These people either form a murderous mob or one of them decides to go it alone and do something about his anger.  Perhaps Bowers had little or no self-esteem. Maybe by murdering several Jews, he thought he would get some much needed ego boosting from his online "friends."  Who knows? 

This is a sad by-product of the virtual age.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Unfortunately, with police officers assassinated during Obama's terms or the current environment, extremists act out

Offline goatprairie

The left will trumpet the murders at the synagogue and the idiot high schools kids in Baraboo giving a "nazi" salute as proof that dangerous, white racists are massing at an alarming rate.
The facts are the the ultra-racist white groups have shrunk to tiny proportions in the last fifty years.  No excusing any  violent acts, but violent acts from non-white terrorists have been much more prominent.
Obama let out a lot dog whistles during his regime that it was alright to shoot "racist" cops. The left will never admit to that.