Author Topic: Post Your Favourite Album Covers and At Least One Song from Those Albums  (Read 1615 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Just another excuse to have some fun with music.

I've always loved this cover, which was a) actually painted by Norman Rockwell b) based on photos Rockwell himself took of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper in a day-long session. Rockwell called the painting The Blues Singers (Bloomfield is shown left and behind Kooper's shoulder) . . .

The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper came from a weekend of concerts at the Fillmore West aimed at allowing the musicians to jam freely, as they'd done on the surprise best-selling Super Session. Here's Mike Bloomfield's intro to the first show, included on the album, and two of my favourite performances from the set . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

In My Life

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Run For Your Life...

John Lennon was a real-life Stalker....many early Beatles songs (No Reply) give evidence to the claim.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

John Lennon was a real-life Stalker....many early Beatles songs (No Reply) give evidence to the claim.
I'm not sure (or convinced) about a stalker, but by his own admission John Lennon did have a jealousy streak in him. That said, it was also on record (no pun intended) that, while vacationing with his first wife and with George Harrison and his first wife, Lennon came up with the germ of "No Reply," finishing the song when they returned to London---and that the lyrics were influenced by a classic doo-wop hit, the Rays' "Silhouettes." "I had that image of walking down the street and seeing her silhouetted in the window and not answering the phone," he said about the song in a later interview.

"Run For Your Life," of course, was more overt an expression of his jealousy streak. (He borrowed one of the key lyric lines from Arthur Gunter's blues "Baby Let's Play House.") In due course, he revisited it when writing the more confessional ballad "Jealous Guy" for his album Imagine.

"Jealous Guy," by the way, ended up having a sort of afterlife: after he was murdered, Roxy Music began including "Jealous Guy" in their live performances as leader Bryan Ferry's tribute to Lennon. And speaking of Roxy Music . . . I always did love this album cover . . .

. . . and the music included a song about a far more dangerous stalker than John Lennon might have been plausibly accused of being . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:39:40 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline corbe

She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (Remastered 2009)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Think anything from Motley Crue will make its way in here.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Dennis Leary was right, why couldn't Motley Crüe die of an overdose, when all the other great musicians did.

Offline EasyAce

Ohhhhh, I hope not!  wink777

Meanwhile, another pick . . .

Cream, "Sweet Wine" (live)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:46:35 pm by EasyAce »

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Big Country - Wonderland...

Song: Eiledon

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The eagle soars above the clouds
The deer ran in the hills
And I may walk in cities
Where the wolf once had his fill
And here is strength for us to find
To turn the old to new
And wipe our eyes of misty years
And see the future through

I chose this place to call my own
The only grace I've ever known
I never tire of legends grown
We dream too much and time has flown

Eiledon, I will be there
Eiledon, my dream is there

So let me fill my children's hearts
With heoroes tales and hope it starts
A fire in them so deeds are done
With no vain sighs for moments gone

Eiledon, I will be there
Eiledon, my dream is there
Eiledon, Eiledon, Eiledon, Eiledon

So let us soar up with the eagles
In wild country among the deer
And wake the wolf in every city
And reckoning is drawing near

Eiledon, I will be there
Eiledon, my dream is there Eiledon

And here is strength for us to find
To turn the old to new
And wipe our eyes of misty years
And see the future through
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....