Author Topic: Robots will soon match humans in creativity, emotional intelligence  (Read 755 times)

rangerrebew

Tech
Robots will soon match humans in creativity, emotional intelligence

By Andy Meek, BGR

November 9, 2018 | 10:44am

As if we didn’t already have enough to worry about when it comes to artificially intelligent machines being able to perform many tasks faster and better than humans can, potentially stealing our jobs in the future and presenting what some technologists worry is an existential threat to humanity, now it appears AI will soon be able to match humans at being, well, human, too.

An Australian AI expert, Toby Walsh, said during the Festival of Dangerous Ideas in Sydney recently that he thinks AI will learn and possibly match human traits like creativity, emotional intelligence and adaptability in less than 50 years. And Walsh — a Scientia Professor of Artificial Intelligence at UNSW Sydney — predicts robots will be as smart as humans by the year 2062.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/09/robots-will-soon-match-humans-in-creativity-emotional-intelligence/

Online DB

Re: Robots will soon match humans in creativity, emotional intelligence
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:18:27 pm »
If that happens, think Cylons...

We will be their extinct ancestors...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 08:20:02 pm »
Next Liberal voting block.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 08:27:06 pm »
A just machine to make big decisions
Programmed by fellows with compassion and vision
We'll be clean when their work is done
We'll be eternally free yes and eternally young

What a beautiful world this will be
What a glorious time to be free

-Donald Fagen (I.G.Y.)

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 08:43:33 pm »
When Walsh says he’s worried, though, it’s not about what the machines will do. It’s us he’s worried about. Mankind, he says, needs to do a better job of creating machines and AI systems that are aligned with our values now.

“The only hope we have to deal with all these wicked problems like climate change, increasing inequality and the ongoing refugee problem, is if we embrace technology and use the world’s resources in a better, more sustainable way,”

So our "values" are that people are destroying the planet and there aren't enough resources to sustain the population. I don't think it will take 50 years to develop a robot that can figure out a logical solution...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 08:49:28 pm »
In the Year 2525...

if man is still alive
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.