Author Topic: Illegal border crossers now ineligible for asylum, White House says  (Read 518 times)

Offline libertybele

GOOD!!!  This of course will be challenged in court.  The DEMS need these votes.  I think Trump should declare an immediate moratorium on ALL immigration into this country.  That would solve a lot of problems until we can get things under control.

Illegal border crossers now ineligible for asylum, White House says

The Trump administration announced Thursday that migrants who attempt to cross the U.S.-Mexico border illegally will not be eligible to claim asylum under a new rule meant to crack down on "meritless" claims.

The rule, which prevents migrants from claiming asylum if they do not do so at an official border crossing, is the latest attempt by the White House to handle a surge in migration to the U.S. from the Central American countries of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. President Trump is expected to formally enact the rule in a presidential proclamation Friday.

"Consistent with our immigration laws, the President has the broad authority to suspend or restrict the entry of aliens into the United States if he determines it to be in the national interest to do so," Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said in a joint statement. " ... Our asylum system is overwhelmed with too many meritless asylum claims from aliens who place a tremendous burden on our resources, preventing us from being able to expeditiously grant asylum to those who truly deserve it.  Today, we are using the authority granted to us by Congress to bar aliens who violate a Presidential suspension of entry or other restriction from asylum eligibility.”.......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illegal-border-crossers-now-ineligible-for-asylum-white-house-says
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Illegal border crossers now ineligible for asylum, White House says
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 11:31:08 pm »
A step n the right direction.

But let's get real here.

Coming from an impoverished, crime ridden hell hole does NOT qualify a person for Asylum or as a Refugee to begin with.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:40:19 pm »
Good move, Mr. President.  The first move someone should make to ingratiate himself to the nation in which he seeks asylum should not be an illegal act.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:47:24 pm »
A step n the right direction.

But let's get real here.

Coming from an impoverished, crime ridden hell hole does NOT qualify a person for Asylum or as a Refugee to begin with.

He needs to take this further for sure.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump moves to limit asylum protections for migrants who cross the border illegally
by Robert Donachie
 | November 09, 2018 09:44 AM

President Trump said Friday morning that he signed a presidential proclamation barring asylum protections for migrants who enter the U.S. illegally.

"We want people to come into our country, but they have to come into the country legally," the president said.

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker and Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen announced new executive actions Thursday evening that would restrict the ability of migrants to seek asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border. The new restrictions did not take effect until Trump signed the proclamation Friday.

"Our asylum system is overwhelmed with too many meritless asylum claims from aliens who place a tremendous burden on our resources, preventing us from being able to expeditiously grant asylum to those who truly deserve it," Whitaker said in a statement Thursday.

U.S. law states that any migrant who enters the U.S. can apply for asylum "whether or not at a designated port of arrival."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-moves-to-limit-asylum-protections-for-migrants-who-cross-the-border-illegally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 03:44:57 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 03:49:01 pm »
Good move.  Illegals should be separated from asylum seekers instead of conflating the two.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 04:08:22 pm »
He needs to take this further for sure.

:amen:

I love that Trump is going to sign an EO about birthright citizenship. He knows it will end up in the SCOTUS, but at least then we will have a clear ruling to work from. If the SCOTUS rules in his favor a huge lure for immigrating illegally will be ended. Also, I think the SCOTUS will let Trump end DACA which should encourage Rats to resolve the issue, but I suspect they would rather have it as a political issue for 2020.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:10:14 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 04:32:11 pm »
:amen:

I love that Trump is going to sign an EO about birthright citizenship. He knows it will end up in the SCOTUS, but at least then we will have a clear ruling to work from. If the SCOTUS rules in his favor a huge lure for immigrating illegally will be ended. Also, I think the SCOTUS will let Trump end DACA which should encourage Rats to resolve the issue, but I suspect they would rather have it as a political issue for 2020.

I sure wish he would issue that EO instead of just floating the idea.