Author Topic: US Sides With Sudan in Dispute Over Lawsuit by USS Cole Families  (Read 386 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
US Sides With Sudan in Dispute Over Lawsuit by USS Cole Families
« on: November 09, 2018, 03:20:55 am »
US Sides With Sudan in Dispute Over Lawsuit by USS Cole Families

The Trump administration is siding with Sudan against USS Cole survivors, NPR is reporting.

Seventeen people were killed and 42 were injured in 2000 when al-Qaida suicide bombers attacked the Cole while it was being refueled in a harbor in Yemen. Survivors and families of the dead sued Sudan, claiming that nation provided material support for the attack.

They were awarded $315 million but now the case is before the U.S. Supreme Court, where the administration has argued the damages awarded in the case should not stand, NPR reported.

The U.S. is siding with Sudan – one of the nations on President Donald Trump’s travel ban list –  claiming that notice of the original lawsuit was delivered to the wrong address, according to NPR. The notice had been sent to the Embassy of Sudan in Washington, but officials claim it should have been sent to the foreign ministry in the Sudanese capital of Khartoum.......

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/uss-cole-sudan-lawsuit-supreme-court/2018/11/08/id/889912/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:22:14 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: US Sides With Sudan in Dispute Over Lawsuit by USS Cole Families
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 01:18:40 am »
Not important.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.