Author Topic: Sessions weighing bid to win back former Senate seat  (Read 357 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sessions weighing bid to win back former Senate seat
« on: November 08, 2018, 03:28:35 pm »

News
Sessions weighing bid to win back former Senate seat

By Mark Moore

November 8, 2018 | 9:19am | Updated

Dumped Attorney General Jeff Sessions is weighing a bid to win back his old Senate seat in Alabama, a report said.

Sessions, fired by President Trump a day after Republicans lost control of the House in the midterm elections, left the seat in 2017 when he was nominated to head up the Justice Department.

But Sessions could run against Democrat Doug Jones, who won a special election in December 2017 to fill the seat and is up for re-election in 2020, Politico reported late Wednesday.

Jones, the first Democrat to win a US Senate seat in Alabama since 1992, is believed to be a highly vulnerable candidate because of the state’s deep-red leanings, the report said.

Sessions, 71, has a long political history in Alabama.

more
https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/sessions-weighing-bid-to-win-back-former-senate-seat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Sessions weighing bid to win back former Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:36:06 pm »
I wish him the best.  I hope that he can win.  Sessions is Conservative not like Lindsey Graham.  Graham is as Democrat as a Republican can get.  One episode of pit bull doesn't change his weasel ways.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:36:44 pm »
I wish Jeff Sessions luck in this endeavor.  He seems like a nice guy and would be much better than the current dem Senator.  And he's a mere kid at 71.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 06:30:47 pm »
I hope he does and wins in a landslide!

@Sighlass what are you hearing?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 04:06:33 am »
I hope he does and wins in a landslide!

@Sighlass what are you hearing?

Nothing right now to be honest. Thanks for asking Bigs.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....