Author Topic: Look For Democrats To Blow Their Meager Success By Being Jerks  (Read 485 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Look For Democrats To Blow Their Meager Success By Being Jerks
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:52:04 pm »
Kurt Schlichter

Well, I guess there wasn't a blue wave or a red wave; instead, there was just kind of a puke green splash. The Democrats took the House, by a pretty small margin, beginning at least two years of a divided Congress. And they’ll almost certainly screw it up because they are dumb, crazy, and bad.

It’s annoying to lose anything, especially to a party that is so manifestly unworthy, but the nature of an electorate that is split 50/50 is splitting. Chin up. Remember, we have the other half of Congress and the presidency and the courts too, so our agenda is not totally stalled. If you are going to lose anything, lose the House. It’s the Maroon 5 of our governmental institutions – always there, but no one really likes it.

We won more seats in the Senate, meaning Cocaine Mitch’s expanded cartel is going to be pushing even more conservative judges into our lib-infested courts. It was pretty great. Beto crashed his party’s $70 million car into Ted Cruz and skateboarded away from the wreck. Rick Scott scraped out a narrow win and will now have six years on the national stage where people around the country will wonder “Wasn’t he the lead singer for Midnight Oil?”

more at link

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/11/08/look-for-democrats-to-blow-their-meager-success-by-being-jerks-n2535507?utm_source=Schlichterdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=b93c7f777020fc3776e28575f1a4ca8a&pid=12a6d1ba-3eb7-4040-b0af-24863d13bace
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Look For Democrats To Blow Their Meager Success By Being Jerks
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:00:53 pm »
And if they decide to obstruct and agitate, then Trump can be in opposition to them and run against the do-nothing House in 2020. Nobody is better than Trump when he has an enemy. I’m kind of hoping the Democrats choose the path of jerkiness just for the nicknames he’ll bestow in his tweets.

Oh, and please, impeach him over Russia Treason Traitor stuff. Please. Toss the Trump in that briar patch and he’ll be president forever.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 01:11:12 pm »

I think the slightly more sane Dems know what an exercise in futility would be trying to impeach Trump. They'd never get it past the senate.
They'll just posture, scream, jump and down, froth at the mouth all to make an impression on their gullible constituents that they're doing something. And their constituents, being the most gullible people in the world, will eagerly swallow all the showboating.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:13:02 pm »
I think the slightly more sane Dems know what an exercise in futility would be trying to impeach Trump. They'd never get it past the senate.
They'll just posture, scream, jump and down, froth at the mouth all to make an impression on their gullible constituents that they're doing something. And their constituents, being the most gullible people in the world, will eagerly swallow all the showboating.

I applaud your optimism.   happy77

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:41:11 pm »
I applaud your optimism.   happy77
Oh, they'll raise a stink...they all stink anyway.
But they can't be so stupid as to believe an impeachment vote would pass the Republican-controlled senate. At least I think they're not quite that stupid. Okay, so you have your Marxine Waters, I'll grant you that. 
I know most of the congressional Dems have pretty low IQs, but the Dems with a little higher IQs should be able to persuade them of the uselessness of their efforts.
I am hoping they try it.  If they're concentrating on trying to impeach Trump, they're maybe not wasting taxpayer money in other areas.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:43:53 pm by goatprairie »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 01:45:15 pm »

Never fails! They do it every time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien