Author Topic: Incoming Democrat Chairman: Dems Will Go ‘All-In’ On Russia, Impeach Kavanaugh For ‘Perjury’  (Read 329 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Incoming Democrat Chairman: Dems Will Go ‘All-In’ On Russia, Impeach Kavanaugh For ‘Perjury’
The Federalist, Nov 7, 2018, Mollie Hemingway

Judiciary Committee ranking member Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., revealed plans for House Democrats to investigate and impeach Justice Brett Kavanaugh for alleged perjury and investigate and impeach President Donald Trump for alleged treasonous collusion with Russia.

In post-election chats with various callers while riding the Acela train from New York to Washington, Nadler gave advice to a newly elected representative and discussed potential 2020 Democratic presidential nominees with another. He also lamented identity politics and the thriving economy and worried about Democrats losing working-class voters while gaining elite former Republicans and suburban women.

[...]

The two discussed two routes for investigating new Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh. The first is to go after the FBI for how they handled the investigation into unsubstantiated claims he sexually assaulted women. “They didn’t even do a half-ass job,” he said. “They didn’t interview 30 witnesses who said ‘Interview me! I’ve got a lot to say!'” he said, while mimicking people waving their hands to be called on.

His other plan is to go after Kavanaugh because “there’s a real indication that Kavanaugh committed perjury.” He claimed that The Atlantic published an article about the allegations of a third woman. Then he claimed that when Kavanaugh was “asked at a committee hearing under oath when he first heard of the subject, he said, ‘When I’d heard of the Atlantic article.’ But there is an email chain apparently dating from well before that from him about ‘How can we deal with this?'” Nadler told the caller.

[...]

That was an apparent reference to Democrat beliefs in a dramatic and unsubstantiated theory that Trump conspired with Russia to steal the 2016 presidential election. He promised it would also be an avenue that Democrats would pursue vigorously at the launch of the new Congress.

Nadler said Russia investigations would be under a broad umbrella of holding Trump “accountable,” since it’s a more palatable argument than impeachment, that they would be going “all-in,” and much of what they get to would be “depending on what [special counsel Robert] Mueller finds.” Still, he said the Judiciary Committee would only be in a supportive role to Rep. Adam Schiff and the Intelligence Committee, which has “a way ahead start on that.” Still, he said Judiciary “will have a role” in the Russia investigations.

More:  http://thefederalist.com/2018/11/07/incoming-democrat-chairman-dems-will-go-all-in-on-russia-impeach-kavanaugh-for-perjury/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do hope they go after Kavanaugh, as fighting him in the Senate served the Dims so well......

He has a good 40 years left in him in serving this country well, and nothing the Dims can do will stop him.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have no doubt that Nadler and the others are stupid enough to go along with this,and hope they try. Even though the media normally gives them cover for their brain farts,there are some things the media can't cover for them,and the majority of the truly independent voters will be hearing about the true nature of the Dim Party and it's denizens for the first time.

Chances are this will result in a Republican majority in Congress after the next election,and help re-elect Trump.

BTW,anyone else remember when the Republicans first took over Congress for the first time in decades,and started to make some changes? Remember the stunned outrage from prominent Dims when they started treating Dims the same way the Dims had treated them over the years? I remember one very prominent Dim,whose name I can't remember right now,standing up and complaining while the cameras were running,and when informed they were just getting what they had given,complained that "yes,but this is unfair and we shouldn't be treated that way!" The man was genuinely stunned and outraged at the "unfairness" of it.

Then,IIRC,before the next election a BUNCH of Dims suddenly changed parties and ran for re-election as Republicans,and all the airheads on Freak Republic were high-fiving each other over this "great victory".

They may have changed parties,but they never changed policies,and that was when today's alleged Republican Party because a branch of the Dim Party. We were conquered from within.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:51:30 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!