Author Topic: 'Best Congress we've ever had' for marijuana legalization, Dem says  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: 'Best Congress we've ever had' for marijuana legalization, Dem says
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 04:42:56 am »
They need to concentrate on getting the opioid crisis under control and getting people the help they need and making rehabilitation a priority. They should have legalized pot a long time ago.

Pharmaceutical companies are lobbying against weed legalization because it's been shown that opioid use goes down significantly in states that have legalized. A lot of people would rather just smoke some pot for their anxiety/whatever rather than take pills.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 04:46:40 am »
I can't believe you let your connection fall on a concrete floor.  How about buying her a nice soft rug.

She's the first woman I dated when I moved here in '92, she's BI (now) and my current GF's hate her, I don't know whether it's the part time Lesbianism or the fact she slept with me 30 years ago (she was a boobie dancer in Houston)  and the currents don't smoke pot anyway, it's all besides the point.  I'm struggling here cause I don't want to call GeronL.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 04:48:01 am »
Pharmaceutical companies are lobbying against weed legalization because it's been shown that opioid use goes down significantly in states that have legalized. A lot of people would rather just smoke some pot for their anxiety/whatever rather than take pills.
Not just for anxiety, of course.

But then I trust about as far as I throw it a government that could have made room until this morning for an official who could and did say with dead seriousness that we should just take two aspirin and call in the morning for the kind of pain for which aspirin is actually useless. (Including the kind of headache caused by government!)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 04:49:57 am »
Stupid and stoned...just how the Dems would prefer to keep the masses.

Its legal here.  Pot shops on every corner.  A whole generation of pot heads driving under the influence.  Not that I am against marijuana.  I smoked when I was young.  It is out of control.  Every industrial area smells like skunk.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 04:53:03 am »
pot heads driving under the influence.

You don't think they were doing that already?  :pondering:
-Socrates

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 04:55:28 am »
You don't think they were doing that already?  :pondering:

Of course they were but now that it is legal they smoke all the time.  The amount they smoke is way more. 

Is that what's wrong with Nancy Pelosi?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 04:57:19 am »
   That's Botox not Pot.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 05:04:35 am »
Of course they were but now that it is legal they smoke all the time.  The amount they smoke is way more. 

Is that what's wrong with Nancy Pelosi?

I think the amount potheads smoke depends on their personal preference and how much spare cash they have. I don't think the legality of it plays much of a role in amount of consumption for people that like to smoke pot. Also I'm pretty sure most people still get it from regular dealers because the store prices are so expensive. That stuff is mostly for tourists. Legality also hasn't lead to higher rates of pot use. The number of teens smoking pot in Colorado has actually gone down slightly since legalization.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/21/colorado-survey-shows-what-marijuana-legalization-will-do-to-your-kids/?utm_term=.bf86b76d0cc4

Rates of marijuana use among Colorado's teenagers are essentially unchanged in the years since the state's voters legalized marijuana in 2012, new survey data from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment shows.

In 2015, 21 percent of Colorado youths had used marijuana in the past 30 days. That rate is slightly lower than the national average and down slightly from the 25 percent who used marijuana in 2009, before legalization.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:06:12 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline corbe

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 05:16:43 am »
   I stopped smoking weed for 30 years, my jobs required it (not to mention random urine test), it has helped me tremendously now that I'm retired, for pain foremost and putting up with the Trumpers here.  Sure, I'm a weak individual to succumb to such temptation but if you had to put up with the $hit my girlfriends put forth you'd probably be on heroin. /JS

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 05:21:15 am »
Its legal here.  Pot shops on every corner.  A whole generation of pot heads driving under the influence.  Not that I am against marijuana.  I smoked when I was young.  It is out of control.  Every industrial area smells like skunk.

I take Light Rail every day to work,  as the train gets closer to downtown Dallas,  the smell starts to take over.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 05:21:30 am »
   I stopped smoking weed for 30 years, my jobs required it (not to mention random urine test), it has helped me tremendously now that I'm retired, for pain foremost and putting up with the Trumpers here.  Sure, I'm a weak individual to succumb to such temptation but if you had to put up with the $hit my girlfriends put forth you'd probably be on heroin. /JS

Typical slack ass. Blowing dope because you are too lazy to shoot smack.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 05:24:01 am »
Sure, I'm weak

If that makes you weak then everybody is weak for one reason or another. There's no shame in what you're doing; it's medicine to you. It's helping you enjoy your life more.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:24:32 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2018, 05:48:29 am »

You are living proof @corbe that pot is not addictive.  Sorry that I, among others, have driven you to pot but at least we didn't drive you to drink.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 05:50:51 am »
You are living proof @corbe that pot is not addictive.  Sorry that I, among others, have driven you to pot but at least we didn't drive you to drink.

It can definitely be addictive, just not physically; there are no withdrawal symptoms. Some people get addicted to chocolate. Almost everybody is addicted to technology, etc etc.
-Socrates

Offline corbe

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 06:02:23 am »

No apologies necessary @Emjay I have never considered you a bonafide Trumper (confused Woman, perhaps).  Now that I'm out of pot I am drinking more heavily and my Dr's hate me even more.  Since my main squeeze left I'm getting less potain too. I hate everyone but you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2018, 06:07:12 am »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 03:34:40 pm »

No apologies necessary @Emjay I have never considered you a bonafide Trumper (confused Woman, perhaps).  Now that I'm out of pot I am drinking more heavily and my Dr's hate me even more.  Since my main squeeze left I'm getting less potain too. I hate everyone but you.

Oh, @corbe, please take care of yourself.  There are other confused women out there who will love you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2018, 06:44:37 pm »
Stupid and stoned...just how the Dems would prefer to keep the masses.
North Dakotans rejected the legalization measure for recreational pot. (Thank God!) by 59:41% (Against:For). Medical Marijuana had been approved by 64 for:36 Against two years ago. Medicine was one thing, just getting effed up is another.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2018, 07:20:42 pm »
And once we get those last 3rd of states I can move on to my next hot button issue......Legalizing Codeine and Laudanum for recreational uses.

For recreation I'd add dmt, lsd, mescaline, and psilocybin to your list.