Author Topic: McConnell: Confirming Trump judges 'top priority' in divided Congress  (Read 302 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McConnell: Confirming Trump judges 'top priority' in divided Congress
The Washington Times, Nov 7, 2018, Alex Swoyer and Stephen Dinan 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday that his chief focus in the new Congress will be confirming President Trump’s nominees — and particularly his picks for the federal courts.

The Kentucky Republican, who will oversee an expanded majority in the Senate, said he expects there will be less need to spend time on legislation since his priorities will be so different from the House, soon to be under Democrats’ control.

“I don’t think we’ll have any trouble finding time to do nominations,” he told reporters.

He said high on his list will be remaking the federal judiciary, installing conservative judges.

“We intend to keep confirming as many as we possibly can for as long as we are in a position to do that,” Mr. McConnell said. “It will still be my top priority in setting the agenda where in the Senate.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/7/mcconnell-confirming-trump-judges-top-priority/?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: McConnell: Confirming Trump judges 'top priority' in divided Congress
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 02:22:42 am »
The process should become much smoother with both Flake and Corker out of the picture...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 02:29:18 am »
The process should become much smoother with both Flake and Corker out of the picture...

If McSally and Scott make it in that should give us 55 if I've counted right so that's what I'm hoping as well.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 02:28:25 pm »
Vulcan wrote:
"If McSally and Scott make it in that should give us 55 if I've counted right so that's what I'm hoping as well."

With 55 (or only 54), Collins and Murkowski are pretty much out of the picture.
They have lost their leverage to swing the confirmations.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 02:45:46 pm »
Get'r done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien